30.2 owners: What speakers are u driving? Review query.

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
I'm wrapping up my review and, from personal experience, know that this amp has no trouble driving my tiny 82.5dB 4-ohm M&D Ruby with a preamp for extra gain preceding the amp. The Ruby has a 5" woofer. Things might look quite different if low efficiency, some nasty phase angles and big woofers all combined. Or not.  I'm simply looking to add some "from the field" data to the review to give potential shoppers a greater overview of the kind of speakers they can expect to hook up.

If you're willing to share your experiences in my review, here's what I'd need:

First name, last initial - Andy D.
Size of your room - 14' x 20' x 9'
Speakers (model, impedance, sensitivity, type) - Meadowlark Shearwater, 8-ohm, 89dB, 7" two-way tower, TL loaded
Average SPLS in seat if known - 95dB peaks at the ear
Position on the 30.2 volume - 2:30
Amps previously owned or considered instead of 30.2 - owned Adcom 555, considered Rogue Audio Model 90

Your information would be used just as supplied. If you have some short additional commentary you think could be useful (especially if you had your own preconceptions to experience something to the contrary), I'd welcome it.

Thanks for whatever you care to share. :green:

Cheers.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: 30.2 owners: What speakers are u driving? Review query.
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2007, 04:26 pm »
All,

Please email Srajan these details: srajan@6moons.com

Your info is very much appreciated for the upcoming Signature 30.2 review on 6moons!

Thank you very much,

Vinnie

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2007, 12:48 am »
I'm wrapping up my review and, from personal experience, know that this amp has no trouble driving my tiny 82.5dB 4-ohm M&D Ruby with a preamp for extra gain preceding the amp. The Ruby has a 5" woofer. Things might look quite different if low efficiency, some nasty phase angles and big woofers all combined. Or not.  I'm simply looking to add some "from the field" data to the review to give potential shoppers a greater overview of the kind of speakers they can expect to hook up.

If you're willing to share your experiences in my review, here's what I'd need:

First name, last initial - Andy D.
Size of your room - 14' x 20' x 9'
Speakers (model, impedance, sensitivity, type) - Meadowlark Shearwater, 8-ohm, 89dB, 7" two-way tower, TL loaded
Average SPLS in seat if known - 95dB peaks at the ear
Position on the 30.2 volume - 2:30
Amps previously owned or considered instead of 30.2 - owned Adcom 555, considered Rogue Audio Model 90

Your information would be used just as supplied. If you have some short additional commentary you think could be useful (especially if you had your own preconceptions to experience something to the contrary), I'd welcome it.

Thanks for whatever you care to share. :green:

Cheers.
Srajan, since your question goes largely to speaker efficiency and system compatibility issues, do you also want to hear from Sig 30 owners, or are you looking exclusively for 30.2 owners?

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2007, 08:27 am »
30 owners would be fine, too since the power rating or batteries haven't changed.

However, the review is now live  :duh: so I've got all I needed. Thanks to those who e-mailed in.  :icon_twisted:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Dec 2007, 08:59 am »
Nice review Srajan...adding those comments from others was a good idea...shows further what the 30.2 can do.

Congrats Vinnie..... :beer:

Srajan Ebaen:
Red Wine Audio's Signature 30.2 is one of my three favorite amps regardless of class or output devices.
.................. 8)

Chris

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2007, 01:58 pm »
Nice review Srajan...adding those comments from others was a good idea...shows further what the 30.2 can do.

Congrats Vinnie..... :beer:

Srajan Ebaen:
Red Wine Audio's Signature 30.2 is one of my three favorite amps regardless of class or output devices.
.................. 8)

Chris

Thank you, Chris!

I want to thank Srajan for making all the time and effort to review our new Signature 30.2 in such detail, trying it with various pieces of equipment, reaching out to Signature 30.2 customers for their feedback (on page 3 of the review -- thanks to those who responded... much appreciated!), and awarding the 30.2 the fourth-ever 6moons Lunar Eclipse Award!  I am very greatful!  :notworthy:

Vinnie