30 or 30.2

mwboy

30 or 30.2
« on: 29 Aug 2007, 03:36 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

I'm a reader in Hong Kong and am presently looking for a power amp to replace my 20years old Luxman M-05(pure class A 105W per channel).  I happened to come across your products when I was reading on the reviews on the Stereophile web page about a potential power amp Canary Audio CA-301 MK2.  The reviews of your model 30 has intrigued me a lot and is too bad for me since I can't hear it in Hong Kong.

Any comments from you or other fellow users will be much appreciated.  Also, maybe it's a stupid question to ask, is that, how does it compaired to the CA-301 MK2 & since also both have similar power output (22W from CA-301), will it be comparable to my old classA power amp with 105W per channel?

thanks

Aaron

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: 30 or 30.2
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2007, 05:12 pm »

Also, maybe it's a stupid question to ask, is that, how does it compaired to the CA-301 MK2 & since also both have similar power output (22W from CA-301), will it be comparable to my old classA power amp with 105W per channel?

thanks

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Audio Circle and the RWA forum!

Without knowing your system and power requirements, I can't tell you if 30wpc (or 22wpc of the CA-301) will be enough for you, but if it is, you definitely are going to want to give the Signature 30.2 a listen!  aa   I'm in the process of obtaining a dealer in Hong Kong, so that will give you the opportunity to listen to it.

Details of the Signature 30.2 will be posted soon (hopefully this weekend).

Best regards,

Vinnie

mwboy

Re: 30 or 30.2
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 06:38 am »
Hi Vinnie,

My system included a Thorens TD 127 turntable with SME turnarms & Suprex Sapphire MC head, Audio Interface CST 80 MC head step-up trans, Pioneer LP player CLD-85 as my CD & LD player, Audio Research SP-6B pre-amp, DIY speaker about 87db sensitivity. All cables including signal & power are hand made by professionals at that time (18years ago) but I assume that the cables nowadays are better (maybe cheaper) than what I got.

Is it possible to post some photos here? I can post some photos of my system if needed.

I under stand from the reviews that the Signature 30 has a no noise background with high clarity in reproducing what is recorded, I just wonder if it has sufficient power for the low range frequency reproduction needed for the speakers.

Aaron