6Moons post on Sig-30

JDK1

6Moons post on Sig-30
« on: 30 Jun 2006, 12:21 pm »
Just to let you all know that Srajan Ebaen has posted his "Part 1" of a glowing report  :D on the Sig 30 on 6Moons today...

fu_man

Re: 6Moons post on Sig-30
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2006, 01:39 pm »
Bona fide  now Vinnie!

>"This seems to signal Vinnie's maturing into not just a "clever cheapskate DIYer" but a bona fide Hi-End designer." 

Say goodbye to any thoughts of  spare time! 
once again  congratulations!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2006, 01:41 pm »
Congrats on such a glowing (without tubes, that is) review.  Remember, us AC'ers knew you when.   :)

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2006, 03:45 pm »
Remember, us AC'ers knew you when.   :)

Thanks, guys!

No worries.... I will never forget my "audiocircle roots" and I ain't going anywhere!  I love it here and really appreicate all your support. 

Now I need to get back to work...  I have a pile of Olives that need to be modded (one is being submitted for review!) and the Sig 30 orders are coming in!  It is going to get VERY busy.....  aa

Thanks again,

eric the red

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2006, 04:06 pm »
"He now recognizes what those of us spoon-fed on the really good stuff want. And he has, somehow, figured out how to give it to us by using deceptively simple -- and few -- ingredients. If that's an accurate statement on Vinnie's evolution as a designer, he's come scarily far in a very short time. Watch out!"

Yes Vinnie, remember us little people in the future when we have to make an AC group buy to afford your products :D

Louis O

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2006, 12:40 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Major congratulations and you deserve it. This is one serious amp.

Now go to Denver with the OBs.

Talk to you soon,
Louie

Dmason

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2006, 02:05 am »
I found it interesting to note that Srajan, the ultimate equipment junkie, also felt the Signature 30 not only kept up with the gold, but actually reminded him of it. THAT is something new. The gulf narrows yet again....

Too bad ol' Srajan hasn't had the chance to hear the Signature 30 into the B200.2 set up. That combo is from somewhere else entirely, if I do say so meself.

"Someone should come up with a cool phrase for 'Anti Hi Fi.."  --Louis O'Mega

I think 'Anti Hi Fi' pretty much covers it.

ndpjr

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jul 2006, 02:37 am »
Congratulations Vinnie, it's a great review. For anyone that needs it here is the link:
   http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/redwine4/30.html

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 1 Jul 2006, 03:44 am »
Congratulations Vinnie, it's a great review. For anyone that needs it here is the link:
   http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/redwine4/30.html

Thanks for the link..... :beer:

Harmon

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2006, 01:25 am »
Congrats Vinnie!!  :D

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 4 Jul 2006, 04:46 pm »
Thanks again, guys!

Srajan mentioned that he'll be finished with the review and will be posting it this weekend.  He'll be adding a tubed-pre in the mix, driving Gallo Ref 3s, and really will be putting it through the paces.:whip:

I am ordering more enclosures, more parts, and more clones of myself  :green:

My current lead time is approx. 4 weeks  :o

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jul 2006, 05:01 pm »
...and more clones of myself 
Cool Vin...I found this info...... :jester:
Good luck with the review...and have a great 4th. !!! :beer:
Chris

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 4 Jul 2006, 05:04 pm »
...and more clones of myself 
Cool Vin...I found this info...... :jester:
Good luck with the review...and have a great 4th. !!! :beer:
Chris

Hi Chris,

Nice find...this might help me save some $$$   :green:

Happy 4th to you and all USA members! 

Have fun and be safe,

kbuzz3

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jul 2006, 05:49 pm »
Well I just took the plunge and paid vr for a remote unit. Curious how it will sound with LC's alinco fostex super 3 narrows..will it surplant the expensive joule electra stargate monoblocks.....we will see in august

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #14 on: 7 Jul 2006, 08:20 am »
completed review up on 6 moons.

eric the red

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jul 2006, 08:43 am »
completed review up on 6 moons.
99% of audio reviews make hurt my teeth when I read them, but not Srajan's. Srajan is a fabulous, fun to read writer. Congrats again Vinnie, and if you read this Srajan, nice work.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2006, 07:21 pm by eric the red »

ndpjr

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jul 2006, 11:03 am »
A great review and well deserved. Congratulations, Vinnie!

JDK1

« Reply #17 on: 7 Jul 2006, 11:54 am »
Vinnie -
As if I wasn't 150% looking forward to my new Sig-30 this week, I think that I can move that expectation up a few notches after reading the "final" 6 Moons review...Something tells me that you are going to be getting a lot of reviews now, and maybe even from the "mainstream" guys...Superbly done! :green:
- jdk

maxwalrath

« Reply #18 on: 7 Jul 2006, 12:16 pm »
Something tells me that you are going to be getting a lot of reviews now, and maybe even from the "mainstream" guys...

:lol: Good one!

Congrats on the great review~!

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
Spread it around
« Reply #19 on: 7 Jul 2006, 12:47 pm »
Pleased to see you guys enjoyed the review. I enjoyed the Sig 30 -:)

As someone who gets a special kick out of "discovering" underground stuff for out site, I will say that the most useful posts on AC and AA and elsewhere, for outsiders looking in as it were, are those where personal discoveries are put into a clear context such as Richard and Dmason did on the Sig 30 with their tube amps.

That's the kind of stuff that perks up people's ears.

Those who've heard the Sig 30 already know how good it is. Chances are, most people won't believe it because the piece isn't expensive enough, not made by a mainstream manufacturer yada yada.

However, each time somebody chimes in with a contextual statement -- I own the XYZ and the Sig 30 compares in the following ways -- that kind of disbelief gets undermined. As case evidence amasses from actual owners or folks who've tried out this amp and outsider begin to see the level of well-known amps the Sig 30 competes with, this little amp will get taken as serious as it deserves to be taken.

After all, that's what first got me hipped to it - tales of a Korneff 45, a Modjesky 45 and such. From where I sit, those are *the* most credible and useful reports - from owners who already own good stuff that's a relative yardstick to others and who now make comparative statements.

It's a nice way for the "underground" and the "formal" press to cross-pollinate as it were. It maintains an open dialogue and both venues benefit -:)