Will the real BP25 please stand up?

guest1231

« on: 16 Jul 2005, 02:51 am »
I have been on the horns of a dilemma (compulsory ouch!) with regard to a new pre-amplifier.  I have a Classe 4, and would like to upgrade to a new/better preamp..  I have been very tempted by the BP25, and have received some advice from a few kind folk.  Thank you.

I have a downloaded BP25 manual and photographs of the same.  However, the units look different.  The manual shows a diagram in which the headphone output is on the bottom left, and the photographs show the headpone output on the top right.  I also have a downloaded "leaflet" and it shows the same as the photo's.

Which is correct?  As the BP26 and the new BP6 are similar to the photo's am I correct in assuming that the manual shows an older model of the BP25?

Whilst I am on this topic, two more questions if I may.

How good is the BP25?

Lastly, should I wait for the BP6?  Will the BP6 be (much) better than the BP25, and worth waiting for - remembering that I have no idea how much it will cost if and when it arrivs in Australia?  

Thanks to all.

Brad

ScottMayo

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 02:45 pm »
The BP-25 (I have a -20, and also a SP 1.7) is extremely clean, which is about the highest praise I can give to a preamp. It adds no warmth and plays no tricks. If you find the Classe adds some warmth, you might find the Bryston stark at first. Me, I love the clarity.