Bryston interconnects

dick thoreau

Bryston interconnects
« on: 17 Jun 2005, 11:21 pm »
I see that Bryston makes interconnects which seem quite reasonably priced. I was wondering if anyone has heard them and what's the opinion on their sound.

Jabroni

Bryston interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2005, 02:27 am »
Hi Dick

I have 3 pairs of Bryston rca interconnects but for the life of me I couldn't tell you how they sound but I can tell you why I bought them.  Since Bryston is all about accuracy and neutrality it just doesn't seem logical to me that they would design some of the world's most accurate and transparent (not to mention reliable) pre amps and amps and then compromise their gear by selling and using substandard interconnects.  Bryston says that they use their interconnects in all their setups and I have no reason to doubt them.  If they're good enough (ie neutral enough) for them, they're good enough for me.

IMO, life is too short to waste time fretting over interconnects.  People who want tone controls should just buy equalizers, it'll be cheaper in the long run.

Hope that helps.

dick thoreau

interconnects
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2005, 06:22 pm »
I guess I will have to give them a try as I am looking for a neutral sounding cable to work with my Musical Fidelity amps. The MF power amp sounds very similar to the Bryston 4bst I had before. At the moment I am using Kimber PBJ cables. They are not bad for the money but I would like to try something a bit different which I don't have to mortagage my house to afford.  Thanks for the info.