sub suggestions for a 1/4 Pipe speaker using the Fostex 108 sigma

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
I traded my way into this single driver speaker setup. The Sigma drivers are brand new with approx 50 hours use. I am really enjoying the sound sig. but I would like to fill in the bottom end. Im thinking 60 - 80 Hz and below. The sub would have to be pretty fast to keep up with a 4" driver. I am thinking sealed 8 - 12" with built in amp. I want to keep it simple so am trying to stay clear of multiple subs. Though I admit in the past I have never been able to live with a single sub. I always know where the bass is coming from it has never seemed to integrate seamlessly. Stereo subs have been much better in the past. Ideas or suggestions please  (some eye candy)

Thanks

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
REL T7x

A pair of whatever you get.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
If you don't want multiple subwoofers try room EQ like Dirac with a single subwoofer. 

joessportster

Its not that I done "WANT" multiple subs its that my Wallet doesn't want them  :o That said been looking at the REL offerings mentioned and am strongly leaning that direction but thinking the T5x would offer plenty of what I want to achieve in my 210 SQ. Foot room. I could get a pair of the t5 for close to the price of a single t7x...........................Sucks when finances dictate sound :evil:

WGH

... T5x would offer plenty of what I want to achieve in my 210 SQ. Foot room. I could get a pair of the t5 for close to the price of a single t7x

No need to guess, REL has excellent pre-sales support. Give them a call. I have called a couple of times and customer support has always been friendly, patient and helpful.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
I suggested the T7x because it has a front firing woofer with a down firing passive and the smaller models have down firing woofers. When used as a pair down firing woofers IME don't work as well with higher low pass settings.

joessportster

I suggested the T7x because it has a front firing woofer with a down firing passive and the smaller models have down firing woofers. When used as a pair down firing woofers IME don't work as well with higher low pass settings.

Much appreciated, I like the idea of front firing. The price is a concern wanting to go stereo pair

joessportster

No need to guess, REL has excellent pre-sales support. Give them a call. I have called a couple of times and customer support has always been friendly, patient and helpful.

Good idea, Thanks

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Much appreciated, I like the idea of front firing. The price is a concern wanting to go stereo pair

Get one to try and add another later???

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
There is currently a thread on the same driver on diyAudio. Go search that out if you would like more detail.

It is VERY hard, nigh impossibke to get bas sout of these. They are best as a midTweeter. They make for quite a good one.

Subwoofers do not go high enuff, they will rarely blend well.

The ML-V you have pictured looks quite interesting. If well designed it might be producing some semblance of max bottom from that driver. More pictures?

If you want bottom, you need to XO them above 200 Hz (about as low as they reasonably go), 300-500 Hz would be better.  to helper woofers.E108e∑ trades some sensitivity for greater bas scapability, it does work well in a big horn, but you are still limited to above 50 Hz or so.

dave