New BP-26

bacmsl

New BP-26
« on: 9 Jan 2022, 04:16 pm »
Question, now that Bryston has made a statement with the BR-20. Will Bryston, or has Bryston thought about an up dated BP-26. I personally, which probably doesn't mean much, like the 2 box, straight analogue design. Or has the market demand for an all in one box put a death knell on something like the older design straight analogue?

Barry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: New BP-26
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2022, 07:44 pm »
Question, now that Bryston has made a statement with the BR-20. Will Bryston, or has Bryston thought about an up dated BP-26. I personally, which probably doesn't mean much, like the 2 box, straight analogue design. Or has the market demand for an all in one box put a death knell on something like the older design straight analogue?

Barry

Its a good question Barry - we do not have any current plans for a new designed straight analog preamp but we are going to keep manufacturing the BP-26 because even by todays standards it still performs at a state of the art level.

best
james

gbaby

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2022, 02:32 pm »
Its a good question Barry - we do not have any current plans for a new designed straight analog preamp but we are going to keep manufacturing the BP-26 because even by todays standards it still performs at a state of the art level.

james

My understanding is that the SP3 borrowed some of the BP-26 design so this is one of the reason I keep my SP3. Its a great pre-pro to build from.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2022, 02:02 pm »

...the nice thing about the 26 is that it has two pairs of RCA outputs so it can be used very easily for bi-amping.
and yes, it is still an analog state-of-the-art preamp :thumb:

al.

bacmsl

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2022, 12:03 am »
Question, what is the warranty on the BP-26? 10 years?

Barry

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2022, 01:18 pm »
hi, bacmsl!

...20 years, cause it's an analog device. the optional internal dac has 5 years. and moving parts (for example the disc tray of the BCD-1 and BCD-3) have 3 years as far as i know.

best,

al.