T-Mobile data plans, better than Verizon

Folsom

T-Mobile data plans, better than Verizon
« on: 15 Jan 2022, 11:48 pm »
Soooo. I was on Verizon with a given data amount for a long time. But now so much data is used that the plan wasn’t working out. I switched to Unlimited and it’s the worst fucking service ever. Literally everything glitches out and it says I have a bad connection constantly. All the time I have to just wait for my phone to work later. And they removed the freaking Hotspot somehow???

My question is does T-Mobile deprioritize you before you use 50gb on their essential plan? Verizon sure makes your connection out to be utter fucking garbage unless you buy the Super Unlimited or whatever; completely regardless of how much data you use. I’m sick of paying these crooks a bunch of money to have a non-functional phone.

davidc1

Re: T-Mobile data plans, better than Verizon
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:10 am »
I've had T-Mobile for many years. Generally speaking, it's always the best cost/value out there.

If you are not using a hotspot, you will only get slower speeds if you are connected to a tower that is being heavily used. This is rare.

If you use up you data while using a hotspot that they can figure out, you will get much slower speeds after the 50g. Down to 3G...but maybe not as they are closing down 3G, right?

You can buy extra hotspot data, its not "real" expensive. The cost should be available to see on their website.

I have not check in several years if any of the old methods of hiding the fact that you are using a hotspot can still be hidden from the carrier.

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:46 am »
3G speed Hotspot speed is fine with me.

What is not fine is slow/non-functional “unlimited” data, that is always that way regardless of how much data you’ve used.

I am not sure if I could use 50GB a month. It would take more effort than I want.

davidc1

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2022, 12:48 am »
Them u have nothing to worry about with t mobile

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2022, 01:00 am »
Thank you for chiming in.

I’ll grill the sales person some too. As long as my apps work normal without interruptions I’ll be happy.  :)

davidc1

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2022, 01:01 am »
Do your research on their website first. That way the salesperson won't steer you towards something you don't need, and you'll probably know more about the plans than he does. If you are over 55, and you can put two people on the plan, you've got an awesome deal. Check out the website for the senior plans

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2022, 01:08 am »
I got some decades before I qualify for senior plan.

I’ve seen how the website shows you the price for 3 lines first and you must adjust.

goodvibrations

• If it sounds good, turn it up to make sure!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2022, 07:07 pm »
Soooo. I was on Verizon with a given data amount for a long time. But now so much data is used that the plan wasn’t working out. I switched to Unlimited and it’s the worst fucking service ever. Literally everything glitches out and it says I have a bad connection constantly. All the time I have to just wait for my phone to work later. And they removed the freaking Hotspot somehow???

My question is does T-Mobile deprioritize you before you use 50gb on their essential plan? Verizon sure makes your connection out to be utter fucking garbage unless you buy the Super Unlimited or whatever; completely regardless of how much data you use. I’m sick of paying these crooks a bunch of money to have a non-functional phone.
I was on vzw for years with good coverage but trash support. My Sis migrated to a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) called Ting and after her positive experience I did the same. They offer service via T-mobile, Dish Networks and vzw. The benefits are the same or better coverage with muuuuch improved customer service.

There's a vzw specific MVNO called Visible. I haven't worked with them so YMMV.

Depending on how mission critical your data access is, I recommend a dual sim phone. This has been life changing for me.

Even if your phone only has one physical sim, see if it can support a second esim. To my knowledge, both full vzw plans and GoogleFi offer esims depending on the phone model.

Hope this helps!