NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.
« on: 13 Feb 2021, 01:42 am »
We have taken our top notch Stainless Steel/Brass spikes and added custom made heavy steel bars with Walnut caps.
These are great bases giving added stability for our 8" (Athena series) speakers. The Brass leveling nuts allow for minor height adjustments and when coupled with the steel bars and Stainless spikes work to dissipate resonances and improve the sonics of the speaker systems.
The spikes and bars are powder coated black with the finest most durable coating available. (We can assemble the bases with our standard silver cones if preferred.) The bars, spikes, brass nuts are all custom made locally to the highest standards.  Price: $450 a set of four and will fit any speaker approximately 11" wide

Pictured on Daedalus Muse

Bones13

Re: NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:27 am »
Will the bars/caps be available for those of us who already use the cones and DiDs?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:55 pm »
  Your veneer and cabinet work is just top notch. The base is a nice touch. Beautiful work.

charles

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:14 pm »
Will the bars/caps be available for those of us who already use the cones and DiDs?

Good idea, we can do that. It will be $300 for the bars without the spikes.

Bones13

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2021, 06:36 pm »
Good idea, we can do that. It will be $300 for the bars without the spikes.

Super, I will shoot you an email, and finalize for sending a check. Thanks Lou, was hoping these would show up some time soon.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2021, 07:05 pm »
I still stuck on all the different wood's and grains in the photo about some thing or another :thumb:

rbbert

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2021, 03:02 pm »
Note that these cone/spikes are not the same as the older ones without the brass ring and stainless steel (now painted black)

Ordered

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2021, 08:15 pm »
Note that these cone/spikes are not the same as the older ones without the brass ring and stainless steel (now painted black)

Ordered

CORRECT! These spikes are the new Daedalus Stainless Steel with Brass locking nuts. They are powder coated with the highest quality process.
These are far superior to the old spikes that were made elsewhere of lighter weight metal etc.
These new spikes which we designed and have made locally are so good that they were the impetus to design and build our own outriggers.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2021, 08:17 pm »
In case anyone is interested I have a demo set of the old outriggers for sale. $125 

A_shah

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2021, 09:08 pm »
wow that is cheap for a set of outriggers,even Demo units   Love those   Stainless Steel/Brass spikes and added custom made heavy steel bars with Walnut caps. :popcorn:

Asghar

Bob Stark

« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2021, 12:40 am »
Is the $450 for 2 bars and 4 footers thus 1 speaker's worth or is it double that price to $900 to do 2 speakers?

Bob

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2021, 01:35 am »
Is the $450 for 2 bars and 4 footers thus 1 speaker's worth or is it double that price to $900 to do 2 speakers?

Bob
Good question.  The $450 is for 4 bars and 8 spikes, enough for one pair of speakers.
btw, Any of you who know how much high quality metal work cost will know that is a very reasonable price. :thumb:

Bob Stark

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2021, 01:58 am »
Amen to that!  Do these work as well with other similarly sized speakers that are 11" or less across the bottom front?  What will you hear that is better?

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2021, 03:42 am »
Hi Lou

Would these fit the Ulysses?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2021, 06:30 pm »
Amen to that!  Do these work as well with other similarly sized speakers that are 11" or less across the bottom front?  What will you hear that is better?

Yes these will work with other speakers. Below is a drawing with the specs. You can see that the slots for mounting allow for different speakers bolt patterns.
As to the sonics, I have not had a chance to directly evaluate that as yet, plus these type of additions depend on many factors. In general I have found that good spikes etc will improve bass definition and overall imaging, usually with a greater sense of clarity and "space" around the notes.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 19 Feb 2021, 06:31 pm »
Hi Lou

Would these fit the Ulysses?

hi Tom,
Yes they are made specifically for all of our 8" woofer type speakers.
thanks,
Lou

Bones13

« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2021, 01:08 am »
Installed mine today. Easy install. I’ll try and take pics tomorrow.

Definitely more stable with my narrow Muses on a padded carpet.

Thanks Lou!

GregC

« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2021, 09:20 pm »
The rails are an easy install. I managed fine on my own without my wife's help.  Here are some pics of them on my Athenas. 

cheech

« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2021, 11:25 pm »
Greg, some questions if you don't mind.

Prior to the installation were the speakers which version of spikes were the speakers on?  With the stability base is there any specific SQ improvements that you noted?

Thank you

cheech

« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2021, 11:27 pm »
Apologize for my above incorrect sentencing

Prior to the installation which version of spikes were the speakers on?  With the stability base are there any specific SQ improvements that you noted?