What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?

advanced101

Re: What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?
« Reply #180 on: 6 Feb 2022, 01:47 pm »
Have an Air Tight 300r in the system now, using Elrog 300B-Mo & 5U4G.  They power my Daedalus Zeus.  Sounds fantastic, does slightly run out of steam when going crazy with the volume.  All the SET qualities that you would expect.  I wonder how a 40 Hz high pass on the Zeus, then upgrading my Bows to a bigger Double Bow tower would sound... Take some of the load off the 300r.  I'm experimenting now with some cheap 30 Hz High Pass FMODs.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #181 on: 7 Feb 2022, 12:57 am »
Have an Air Tight 300r in the system now, using Elrog 300B-Mo & 5U4G.  They power my Daedalus Zeus.  Sounds fantastic, does slightly run out of steam when going crazy with the volume.  All the SET qualities that you would expect.  I wonder how a 40 Hz high pass on the Zeus, then upgrading my Bows to a bigger Double Bow tower would sound... Take some of the load off the 300r.  I'm experimenting now with some cheap 30 Hz High Pass FMODs.

I've done this before using a 6db slope (one capacitor in line), The concern is the quality of the cap as your entire signal is through that.
As for the BOW just give them more power or experiment with placement for maximum bass slam and definition. I don't foresee making any dual 12" BOW in the near future. Could happen in a couple of years but not now...

Poseidonfan

« Reply #182 on: 13 Jun 2022, 03:46 pm »
I use the Luxman MQ-300, with my Poseidons with very pleasing results. I had the pass XA 30.8, an amazing amp too but I wanted a tube amp. The luxury of having high sensitivity speakers

rbbert

« Reply #183 on: 14 Jun 2022, 12:18 am »
I use the Luxman MQ-300, with my Poseidons with very pleasing results. I had the pass XA 30.8, an amazing amp too but I wanted a tube amp. The luxury of having high sensitivity speakers
And the ability to go with a far more expensive amp  8)

Poseidonfan

« Reply #184 on: 20 Jun 2022, 03:11 am »
I use a Luxman MQ-300 with my Posiedons, it's beautiful synergy. Nice warm open sound, the 8 watts drive my speakers with such ease.

rbbert

« Reply #185 on: 15 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm »
A pair of Pass XA-60.8 are arriving next week!

Bones13

« Reply #186 on: 23 Sep 2022, 06:35 pm »
Finally figured out that I had a bad tube for my MC60s. Amps working great now. (pre amp tube tester incoming...)

Blows the doors off my DIY 15-20 watt amps, in bass control and "presence", which is what I was missing. The band moved into the room this afternoon.

I'm figuring that my version of "euphonic" matches with these amps, as they are what I listened to growing up.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #187 on: 23 Sep 2022, 06:56 pm »
Don Sachs Kootenay 120/AVA DVA M225 monos on Muse. Different but both very sweet.

davenrk

« Reply #188 on: 25 Sep 2022, 08:40 pm »
a friend of mine uses a very nice sounding Gamut d200i power amp

A_shah

« Reply #189 on: 30 Nov 2022, 12:02 am »
Decware SE84UFO a pair ordered these out of curiosity  on June 6 2021 18 months later they were shipped out to me one day before Thanksgiving well see how they sound with my  Daedalus  Poseidon 97 db efficient Presently using a 300B 6 to 8 watt Amplifier sounds GR8   :popcorn:

A_shah

« Reply #190 on: 30 Nov 2022, 12:23 am »
Has any one Used Decware low wattage amplifiers with Daedalus Speakers ? :scratch:

Asghar

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #191 on: 30 Nov 2022, 12:36 am »
Congratulations, Ashgar!

I'm very interested to learn what you hear once they're burned in. Please post your impressions, and how they compare to your 300b amp.

I still have my D Sachs Kootenay 120, but I've been researching the 300b sound. Hopefully, I'll get to hear a 300b at the audio show in Taipei in two weeks.

Michael

A_shah

« Reply #192 on: 30 Nov 2022, 09:39 am »
Will do Michael
Happy Thanksgiving
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #193 on: 30 Nov 2022, 09:42 am »
Congratulations, Ashgar!

I'm very interested to learn what you hear once they're burned in. Please post your impressions, and how they compare to your 300b amp.

I still have my D Sachs Kootenay 120, but I've been researching the 300b sound. Hopefully, I'll get to hear a 300b at the audio show in Taipei in two weeks.

Michael

Michael,
I still have D Sach Pre amp but rarely use it I I prefer PS audio DAC with the 300B amp
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #194 on: 7 Dec 2022, 07:32 pm »
Congratulations, Ashgar!

Michael

I had ordered these Decware SE84UFO 2.3 watts as a pair about 18th months ago wanted to experiment with low wattage amplifiers for my Poseidon's - figured if I did not like them I could alway sell them or send them back in 30 days.

I am just using one of the units as my Bridge kit has not arrived from Decware.

This  little Beast surprised me ! The Poseidon are 97 db efficient This small Decware unit had no problem driving them to a very loud level ( SPL 85 ) my listening levels are between 65db to to 74 db , very transparent , excellent  tight Bass , very  musical No distortion !   ( I prefer to call them musical instead of sweet ) I turned off my pair of REl S 812 very slight difference in Bass between turning on the REL' s and Regular Bass on the 6 Driver Poseidon I guess credit goes to Lou for making such impressive high efficiency speakers 
I don't know if I have any reason to bridge these units to get 6 watts of power ? very satisfied with the way my speakers sound right now !
 :popcorn:
Asghar

mresseguie

« Reply #195 on: 8 Dec 2022, 12:47 am »
Ashgar,

Thank you for posting your impressions. That's wild that 2.3 watts drive your speakers so well. Well, not wild, but so nice to know it's possible to drive them with so few watts!  :thumb: Our listening levels are similar in that I seldom exceed 75dB while listening.

Michael

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #196 on: 27 Dec 2022, 03:29 am »
Anyone use or tried a Schitt Aeger with a Daedalus speakers? 
If so, thought orcomments?
Hibuck…

Bones13

« Reply #197 on: 28 Dec 2022, 03:41 am »
Class A to 10 watts, should be fine, to most listeners. I have used a few DIY FirstWatt amps in that power range. If you are a head banger, it might not be enough.

Have not heard. So no true advice.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #198 on: 29 Dec 2022, 11:51 pm »
A new used Linear Tube Audio Ultralinear + 20 tube watts has just been unboxed and plugged in.
2 songs in and all sounds great.

Was running a Modwright KWA 150 se.  Will be for sale shortly.
Daedalus pans in a 12x12 or so room.

Alan

mresseguie

« Reply #199 on: 30 Dec 2022, 04:20 am »
A new used Linear Tube Audio Ultralinear + 20 tube watts has just been unboxed and plugged in.
2 songs in and all sounds great.

Was running a Modwright KWA 150 se.  Will be for sale shortly.
Daedalus pans in a 12x12 or so room.

Alan

It's been a very merry Christmas in the Aldcoll home! Congratulations, Alan!