GAS Flea Market thread

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2012, 01:32 am »
Oh, and I'm typing this from Salina, KS, where I saw vinyl stampers at Acoustic Sounds this afternoon.

And you didn't let any of us know that you were going?!  You just failed the GAS membership etiquette test!! :lol:

RaceTripper

« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2012, 01:43 am »
And you didn't let any of us know that you were going?!  You just failed the GAS membership etiquette test!! :lol:
I have pictures. Will that make up for it?

While there I snagged a used copy of the EMI 6 LP set of Aldo Ciccolini playing all the Eric Satie solo piano music. I've had the crappy Angel reissues for years, but always wanted this fine German box set. The box is NM-, but the LPs themselves appear mint and unplayed. Also picked up some new Blue Notes 45 RPMs.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #22 on: 14 Mar 2012, 04:16 am »
the GAS membership etiquette test!!

I didn't know we had an etiquette test.  Has ANYBODY passed it yet?   :lol:

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #23 on: 14 Mar 2012, 11:31 am »
I didn't know we had an etiquette test.  Has ANYBODY passed it yet?   :lol:

I'm out  :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #24 on: 14 Mar 2012, 02:06 pm »
We don't have an "etiquette policy", but we can have rules.
Here's the first one...officially:

As the President of the Gateway Audio Society, I hereby decree that ALL audio related roadtrips be announced to the membership from this day forward.

There....How's that?

Bob  :wink:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #25 on: 14 Mar 2012, 02:21 pm »
So moved.  Do we have a second?

wedweb

Traded
« Reply #26 on: 20 Mar 2012, 03:25 am »
Traded Remove this post please....
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm by wedweb »

RaceTripper

« Reply #27 on: 20 Mar 2012, 11:36 am »
I have some Arcam & Linn 4Sale. Power amps and speakers with Stands. Follow the link for details.

Bump. One amp and speakers are sold. I still have one amp for sale.

wedweb

« Reply #28 on: 2 Apr 2012, 09:15 pm »
I am offering up my:

1. JBL Control 5's $200.00 for the pair.

2. JBL Control 1's $50.00 for the pair.

Let me know if you are interested.  Will consider offers.

I also have some white replacement grills for Control 5's.  Make an offer.

Bo
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2012, 03:13 am by wedweb »

hdspeakerman

« Reply #29 on: 2 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm »
i have a Marantz model 104 tuner ($125), a Decware 2.5 watt amp ($400) and a Luminous Audio Technology passive pre amp ($100) that I would like to sell.  The passive is labeled "high".  I tried to use it with a cd player but the cd player had too much output.  Might be open to trades.
Howard
Ste Genevieve, Mo.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #30 on: 2 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm »
So moved.  Do we have a second?

Second!

RaceTripper

« Reply #31 on: 29 Apr 2012, 10:13 pm »
SOLD Naim Audio Flatcap XS Power Supply

New price is $1395. This is an excellent condition Flat Cap XS. S/N 277xxx (ca. 2009) Condition 9/10 (like new)

It is the latest version of Naim's Flatcap XS, including the brushed metal fascia. 115 Volt Version. Comes complete with AC cord, SNAIC interconnect, manual, packaging and box.

It can be used with the following: CD5 XS, NAT05 XS, NAIT XS, SUPERNAIT, NAC 152 XS, NAC 202, NAC 282, StageLine, SuperLine, HeadLine, SNAXO 242, SNAXO 362

The FlatCap XS is a dual-rail power supply that, either alone or in pairs, provides the most effective means to extract the ultimate performance from an XS system. One FlatCap XS can be used to enhance the performance of a CD5 XS and a NAT05 XS, while a second could be deployed to supercharge the performance of the NAC 152 XS preamplifier. The vital role played by the power supply in any hi-fi system is a long held Naim conviction and it has no better demonstration than the increased musical fluency that the FlatCap XS brings to a system.

The FlatCap XS is an external power supply that replaces the FlatCap2x. The improvements to sound quality are subtle but significant: dynamics are more even across the audio band, bass lines are more easily differentiated and the system noise floor is reduced. The performance improvements are even more obvious when powering a preamplifier and CD player at the same time. It can be used with the NAC 202 and NAC 282 preamplifiers, and our SNAXO electronic crossovers to provide an effective, low-cost entry into active system operation. It can be also used to power all of the Naim phono stages, active crossovers and preamplifiers except the NAC 552 and NAC 252.

« Last Edit: 8 May 2012, 12:40 pm by RaceTripper »

daves

« Reply #32 on: 2 May 2012, 02:19 am »
I have three pieces of gear for sale...

A McIntosh Z series MX110 with walnut case for $1000.
A Stromberg Carlson Series 24 PP EL-84 stereo amp, with 3 Mullard output tubes and one Philco USA, $275. Without output tubes, $200.

A set of Snell E/II speakers, freshly reconed SEAS 8" woofers at Winston Electronics, in walnut, $225.
You can hear all three in working order, if you haven't already. :wink:
Please email
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2013, 09:59 pm by daves »

RaceTripper

« Reply #33 on: 5 May 2012, 04:58 pm »
I dropped the price of my Arcam Alpha 9P amp to $250. The ad is still here.

michaelhigh

Re: GAS Flea Market thread (May 6 Record Show teaser)
« Reply #34 on: 5 May 2012, 08:29 pm »
Alrighteee, then, the self-appointed King of Low Low Prices has settled on some new Loss Leaders leading the pack of exciting new offers for sale, which will be at the Record Show on Landsdowne at Kingshighway in sunny South St. Louis tomorrow. Are you ready? Well then, let's go! 1) Marantz 2215B receiver, $100, 2) Kenwood KR-6030 receiver, $100, 3) Harman Kardon 430 Twin receiver, $100 (recently refurbished), 4) Sansui 771 receiver, $100 (recently refurbished),  5) Technics SA-400 receiver, $50 (a steal!), 6) Cerwin-Vega! D-1 bookshelfers (PE replacement woofs) $50, 7) JBL J520M bookshelfers, $50 ($75 in new woofs from PE), 8) Dual 1225 turntable, plastic plinth, $50, 9) Sony PS-LX350H turntable, less than 10 hours total, $50, 10) Ohm model E loudspeakers, $100, 11) Technics SL-BD20 turntable, $100 (new KAB dustcover), 12) AR-XA turntable, $150 (very clean, GREATLY reduced in price). I'm sure there will be some additions as I'm driving my truck (although the above fits in my Firebird, as anyone at the last meet can attest to)...so bring CASHOLA and help fund my upgrade to fleapower tube audio. Pleeeze??? :green:

wedweb

« Reply #35 on: 12 May 2012, 07:17 pm »
The Salvation Army in Granite City has Columbia and other brand albums of Hungarian folk music.  These are the older thicker Victrola style albums.  $1 each.

Let me know if anyone buys some.  I haven't listened to the one I have yet.

Bo
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 01:51 am by wedweb »

michaelhigh

Re: GAS Flea Market thread (May 6 Record Show teaser)
« Reply #36 on: 18 May 2012, 09:40 pm »
Alrighteee, then, the self-appointed King of Low Low Prices has settled on some new Loss Leaders leading the pack of exciting new offers for sale, which will be at the Record Show on Landsdowne at Kingshighway in sunny South St. Louis tomorrow. Are you ready? Well then, let's go! 1) Marantz 2215B receiver, $100, 2) Kenwood KR-6030 receiver, $100, 3) Harman Kardon 430 Twin receiver, $100 (recently refurbished), 4) Sansui 771 receiver, $100 (recently refurbished),  5) Technics SA-400 receiver, $50 (a steal!), 6) Cerwin-Vega! D-1 bookshelfers (PE replacement woofs) $50, 7) JBL J520M bookshelfers, $50 ($75 in new woofs from PE), 8) Dual 1225 turntable, plastic plinth, $50, 9) Sony PS-LX350H turntable, less than 10 hours total, $50, 10) Ohm model E loudspeakers, $100, 11) Technics SL-BD20 turntable, $100 (new KAB dustcover), 12) AR-XA turntable, $150 (very clean, GREATLY reduced in price). I'm sure there will be some additions as I'm driving my truck (although the above fits in my Firebird, as anyone at the last meet can attest to)...so bring CASHOLA and help fund my upgrade to fleapower tube audio. Pleeeze??? :green:
Anyone intersted in the archaic sheet I have listed herein (those with mediocre tastes in audio) should PM me so I can clear up some debts and avoid losing fingers over some fronted gear I possess. Guido hasn't been dispatched yet so I'm still alive! :green: Please respond before I have to dip into my fixed income future benefits!!! (hehe)!!

vintage9594

« Reply #37 on: 20 May 2012, 09:01 pm »
I have a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 5i speakers finished in dk cherry.  They are in good condition with a mark on 1 speaker on the top rear that I have touched up.  They come with the bases and spikes and must be picked up as I do not have boxes.  Speakers will surprise you with good electronics and for the sale price hard to beat.

thanks
Don

$200 for the pair(firm).

gooberdude

« Reply #38 on: 20 May 2012, 09:41 pm »
Looks like i'm jumping back into vinyl here soon, and I need a good phono preamp on the cheap.  If anyone has anything decent just sitting around gathering dust, I'm interested.  <$500.

In the past I had a tricked out channel islands vpp-1, Sim Moon Audio LP3 and a few el-cheapo varieties from bellari & others.   Cartridges will most likely be MM and high output MC.

Pretty sure I want a SS preamp, no tubes, but i'm open to suggestions, hyperbole, hearsay & conjecture.    :thumb:

matt

RaceTripper

« Reply #39 on: 20 May 2012, 10:14 pm »
Looks like i'm jumping back into vinyl here soon, and I need a good phono preamp on the cheap.  If anyone has anything decent just sitting around gathering dust, I'm interested.  <$500.

In the past I had a tricked out channel islands vpp-1, Sim Moon Audio LP3 and a few el-cheapo varieties from bellari & others.   Cartridges will most likely be MM and high output MC.

Pretty sure I want a SS preamp, no tubes, but i'm open to suggestions, hyperbole, hearsay & conjecture.    :thumb:

matt

I've been using a Simaudio Moon 110LP and like it very much. If you keep an eye out, you should be able to snag one on Audiogon for less than $500. Otherwise, a Dynavector P-75 used should be in your range as well. Both are good, although I like the Moon better (punchier, better bass, better midrange detail).