I have an Edge G3 on the way...

OwenMeany

« on: 25 Feb 2005, 07:50 pm »
Any ideas on what I may expect with this integrated and the MMDCi's? If not I will let you all know after I give a listen.....jtb

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:57 pm »
Let us know how it works.

Michael

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:58 pm »
I've heard good stuff about Edge. What did that run you, if you don't mind my asking?

OwenMeany

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2005, 07:25 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
I've heard good stuff about Edge. What did that run you, if you don't mind my asking?

I am a reviewer or Positive Feedback Online, so what I paid is not relative to the marketplace. But, I do know that they can be had for about 3500, If Edge does not shut that guy down. Otherwise the MSRP is 4995. Street price =/- 4K

jtb

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2005, 10:51 pm »
Is the edge for a review or did you just buy it sight unseen?

Best,
Michael

OwenMeany

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2005, 12:15 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
Is the edge for a review or did you just buy it sight unseen?

Best,
Michael

Why did you have to ask this!!?? I hoped to sneek in the back without notice :oops: .....yes, against my own personal policy, I purhased it, unauditioned. I needed an amp fast, I talked to some people, it fit my bill of requirements...the YBA Passion Integrated was too deep for my shelves...most of the tube amps/integrates I reviewed recently lost on the WAF...Lord! Please do not make me regret this....In the end, if it doesn't work with the MMDCi's can  be replaced....

Get my point?

jtb

BTW: I will write a review too.

OwenMeany

« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2005, 06:23 pm »
sooo far sooo good...only 30 +/- hours on it so far . I am home all day(I had a real bad accident last september) so I cannot leave it running for hours on end while I go to work.

Very, Very dynamic & fast...huge soundstage...just need to wait and hear how the high end will settle in after time..

JTB

mcrespo71

« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2005, 06:31 pm »
Cool!!  Glad things are working out, given you took a bit of a risk there.

Michael