Amp suitable for De Capo MM/i? Anyone know the Adyton Opera?

effinity

hello,

i'm in UK, I have'nt bought my Reference 3A's yet, I just missed a second hand pair of Royal Virtuoso's.

Well, let's say I was staring at them in ignorance for a few weeks and by the time it dawned, they'd gone.

Having just sold my Cello Active Serafins I've been suffering mega withdrawal symptoms but I needed the money in my business.

I have a Norwegian Adyton (Forsell) 'Opera' Integrated amp and I was wondering (kind of unlikely but...!) if anyone had experience of the combination with the MM De Capo?

Cheers, any pointers/insight gratefully received.

Steve

TIC

« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2004, 05:10 am »
One of the best features of the DeCapos is that they can be driven by almost any amplifier because they are a very easy load and have resonably high efficiency. I'm currently driving mine with a pair of Channel Islands VMB-1 40 watt mono-blocks. I also sometimes use a pair of BottleHead Paramour 2A3 SET tube monoblocks which are only 3.5 watts/channel.

The DeCapo is a fantastic speaker. I would try them with your current amp first, then buy something else if it isn't great. I think a Quad 99 or 909 would be a good choice. Really any quality amp should be great. I've used amps of 1.5 watt/channel up to amps of 150 watts/channel. All worked just fine.

Enjoy,

TIC

vinagunner

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2005, 02:49 pm »
hi,

(my first post:)

i've heard the opera and while never have used it in conjuntion with the mmdci, i still think the combo will work out well coz the opera is a great intergrated amp with warmth, tranparency and drive...

i've had the mmdci and now waiting for an pair of used royal master mk1 to partner my ear v20/sonic frontiers sfcd-1 (would appreciate ANY comments regarding the royal master mk1:).

cheers.  :D