AVP-18

getes

Re: AVP-18
« Reply #120 on: 30 Jun 2014, 05:46 pm »
Not aware of any bugs at the moment.

I have your question sent in to the support staff to see if they have encountered it.

But in the mean time check your menu setting and see if you have HDMI CEC Control "off or on".

If on, it can sometimes cause issues, especially if used with components designed before CEC was employed.

I borrow this picture, i can not go in to the Parameter , when i do that the unit freezes and i have to turn it off on the back, why? I have the latest firmware

Thomas

getes

« Reply #121 on: 13 Jul 2014, 10:07 am »
Is there a factory reset or something like that so i can start from the beginnig with my unit?

Thomas

John Casler

« Reply #122 on: 13 Jul 2014, 05:41 pm »
See the above screen and select "load default". 

getes

« Reply #123 on: 14 Jul 2014, 10:49 am »
Now it says: upgrade main cpu. When i tried to upgrade, the last file always fail and i cant get out of the upgrade procedure, cant use avp 18

John Casler

« Reply #124 on: 14 Jul 2014, 02:20 pm »
Sounds like you should contact tech support.

asgeir101

« Reply #125 on: 21 Jul 2014, 09:52 am »
At this point the Video Transceiver Board is set up for HDMI 1.4

Is there a chance that the AVP-18 can be upgraded via firmware to pass on 4K@60Hz seeing it already supports 30Hz?

asgeir101

« Reply #126 on: 19 Aug 2014, 07:01 pm »
I see that the AVP-18 is listed as out of stock in many places. Is there something coming up or is it just on back-order?

John Casler

« Reply #127 on: 19 Aug 2014, 11:10 pm »
I see that the AVP-18 is listed as out of stock in many places. Is there something coming up or is it just on back-order?

No, it is not being replaced soon.  It is simply supply and demand.

project_h20

« Reply #128 on: 29 Sep 2014, 03:48 am »
Are distance from speakers measured as part of the calibration process? Do I need to connect to a laptop as with ARC? What is the distance step with the AVP18? Are the in increments of 0.1m or? Thank you.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #129 on: 29 Sep 2014, 08:05 pm »
Hi,
Check out the FAQ which talked about the calibration process.  The self-scanning setup will detect the speaker distance, display will be rounded to .1 but I believe the internal registers are accurate.

ricardojoa

« Reply #130 on: 8 Oct 2014, 08:16 pm »
Just wanted to find out a little bit more info on the peq on the avp18.

What is it  in terms of octave does Q 2 and Q 20 varies? For example, if i have it at 100hz, how much difference are there between Q 2 and Q 20?

ralflar

« Reply #131 on: 25 Nov 2014, 01:02 am »
No, it is not being replaced soon.  It is simply supply and demand.
Do you still think so? Also in light of the Optoma acquisition? I don't. I ordered almost 4 months ago.

John Casler

« Reply #132 on: 25 Nov 2014, 01:21 am »
Do you still think so? Also in light of the Optoma acquisition? I don't. I ordered almost 4 months ago.

There has been no news of a replacement or change to that model, however the acquisition transition, did slow or stop production for a period of time, which is likely why you didn't receive yours yet.  I have been told that the supply chain is now back on-line, and products should be shipping as that occurs.

ralflar

« Reply #133 on: 25 Nov 2014, 03:54 am »
Thanks for sharing that. Unless this is info under NDA, have you heard similarly encouraging news regarding the MCA-18?

John Casler

« Reply #134 on: 8 Dec 2014, 08:01 am »
Thanks for sharing that. Unless this is info under NDA, have you heard similarly encouraging news regarding the MCA-18?

I can't be as encouraging regarding the MCP-18.  It is not currently showing on the new website, which may indicate a question about it.

This is not for sure, but I have not received a confirmation as of yet.

jk@home

« Reply #135 on: 8 Dec 2014, 01:34 pm »
I can't be as encouraging regarding the MCP-18.  It is not currently showing on the new website, which may indicate a question about it.

This is not for sure, but I have not received a confirmation as of yet.

Yeah, I needed a new remote for my new MCP-18, as the supplied one was damaged on arrival. Corresponding with the seller, they stated that they were told a replacement wasn't available from Nuforce. So they swapped me with another one they had in stock (thank you Audio Advisor!).

If they have discontinued the preamp, that is a shame as it is a great sounding unit, took my system up a notch.

I highly recommend if anyone else out there has this unit/remote, buy a cheap URC-RF20 universal, or something similar (a learning remote) and transfer the codes over to it. Then stash the NuForce remote somewhere safe, as the build quality of it for day to day use is...shall we say, minimal.