RM30s I would like to sell SOLD

Regalma

RM30s I would like to sell SOLD
« on: 22 Aug 2023, 09:19 pm »
It has been a long time since I have entered this forum.
I have a pair of RM30's the version that came with 10" woofers. But when the downward firing passives rotted out I upgraded to the last version. the passives were removed and the holes boarded over. The 10" woofers were replaced with passive units. The crossover was modified per Brian's directions.
The cabinets are a dark African wood finish. I don't remember the name. They are the style with the extra interior bracing. The crossovers are the external ones (XO's). I have also added the ambient tweeters. The speakers come with the grill clothes.
The cabinets are scratched up. The XO's could stand being repainted. Pictures can be provided.
These local pickup only. I have boxes but not the shipping crates. I originally picked them up at the factory.

Does anyone have an idea of what these might be worth? I am willing to sell them at a bargain price.
Also any ideas on how best to advertise them.
It is time to move them on.
I live in Santa Cruz, CA.

In addition to the speakers I have following which I can ship.
The original 10" woofers.
Two ribbon tweeters. One or both of them have blown ribbons. I would include replace ribbons. They are not difficult to replace. The ribbons were blown due to a flaw in my Dirac software.
I also have the four passive radiators that need reconing.
Individual drivers are shippable. Would consider any offers.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2024, 07:59 pm by Regalma »

GeorgeAb

Re: RM30s I would like to sell
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2023, 06:35 am »
Hifi shark past sales is a good place to get pricing information: https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=VMPS+rm-30. I sold a clean pair of RM-30 Series II for $1,300 and they went quickly. A pair is on eBay for $1,600 currently. 

US audio mart and the Audio Circle for sale section and Craigslist are good place to post for sale. https://www.usaudiomart.com/

Sounds like you are describing Macassar Ebony on the finish.

I paid $325 for a pair of 10" VMPS woofers as they can be used in the RM-40's and I wanted spares.

The ribbon tweeters aurm cantus 2si go for around $75 each used. 

Regalma

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2023, 01:06 am »
Thanks for the information

oldhvymec

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2023, 03:09 am »
If you still have the speakers, let me know.

I'm interested in a pair of RM30s or 626R (?) been a while. It has the AC tweeter, 1 neo 8 and one 6.5 and is a standmount.

I still have a pair of QSO 808s and a pair of RMx Elixirs. Very close to the first speakers Brian made and one of
the last. I have a pair of RM30 in rosewood and a pair of NOS Black cabinets in the box.

I hate being without for the parts swap and I know the L-Pads need to be changed.
I'm in the Bay Area.

Let me know.

Regards

Regalma

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2023, 08:17 pm »
Yes they are available. If you are willing to pick them up and make it easy for me I will sell them at a very low price. Will include the other items listed as well. Keep in mind the finish is scratched in places. You can call me at 8312470068 and we can discuss it.

oldhvymec

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2023, 02:13 am »
I can make the drive but any loading is very limited for me. One lung and a L2-L3 dislocation that I'm scheduled
for surgery after Christmas. I have limited leg strength. I'm sure I could lift them into a pickup bed, if I position
them.

You say external XOs. You have the XOs correct. The speakers work other than cosmetics?

I had to bring the pair of Elixirs I currently have down a spiral staircase. 3 other people all healthy were all huffin'
and puffin'. Now, "forget about it." 375lbs. each stock. They are more than that now.

Let get a couple of things done. I just signed the papers, selling a home and need to dot the "Is" and cross the "Ts."
I'll give you a call.

Regards

Regalma

« Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2023, 09:02 pm »
I am a reasonable fit adult male. We should be able to load them. Yes only cosmetic. The downward firing passives rotted out so I upgraded the speakers the last version, removed passives replaced 10" actives with 10" passives and tweaked the crossovers.
They have OXO's. I bought some of the wire VMPS used to connect them to the speakers so I could lengthen the distance between the OXOs and speakers.
I added the external ambience tweeters as well.
I will include the old 10" woofers and the rotted passives so you could reconfigure the speakers to the original configuration if you can find someone to replace the surrounds on the passives, and you are mechanically inclined.

oldhvymec

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2023, 11:06 pm »
I have the ability to do all the work, last Nov it came to a halt.
The old back just went nuts. Hopefully after Christmas. I thought
getting older was something other people did. :-) I'll look at the
African Ebony and see what I can do.

I'll give you a call. I'm in the middle of a property sale. Monday 16th
I'll be finished and back at my home. It took a few weeks.

Regalma

« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2023, 08:32 pm »
Are you still interested in these? It looks like someone else is looking for a pair.

Regalma

« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2024, 09:20 pm »
these are on sale in Trading Post circle. I have them down to $600. This is ridiculously low, but I would like to move them on. They are local pickup only. I live in Santa Cruz, CA area.