Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 Help

Tarheel

Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 Help
« on: 12 Feb 2022, 09:22 pm »
I've attempted to switch out a Schiit Mani for a AVA Q phono preamp and am having some trouble.  A Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube is in the mix too.

Either I'm getting too old or feeling the results of last nights listening session.  Okay let me see if I can explain.

Two RCA cables from the turntable go to the AVA phono (input or output?) Leaves 1 pair of inputs/outputs open.

The SC also has inputs and out puts and I assume one goes to the AVA?  How about the other

One pair of RCA cables goes to the integrated amp.

Should be simple but without a manual.......

Any help will be appreciated!

toocool4

Re: Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 Help
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2022, 10:20 pm »
I don’t have the Sugar Cube but I know what it does. So this is how I think it should work.
Since your Sugar Cube does not have a phonostage, your phono cable from your turntable goes to your AVA Q phonostage input, the output from the AVA Q phonostage goes to the input of the Sugar Cube and the output of your Sugar Cube goes to a line input on your integrated amp.

orthobiz

Re: Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 Help
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2022, 10:24 pm »
I have a cube and toocool4 is correct!

Paul

BTW, I have EVERYTHING documentation for stereo, past AND present. I found a 2.00 bill from B&O for a repair manual they sent me in 1978. But I'll be damned if I can find the SugarCube manual!!