Mail Order Film Development

Ernest

« on: 6 Jun 2003, 01:15 am »
Is it a good idea?  For me it would be the most convenient way to get film developed (35mm).  Any recommendations on good companies to try?

Oh, this is for non-serious stuff.  Family pictures mostly.

Thanks,

Ernest

jcoat007

« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2003, 04:15 am »

djklmnop

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2003, 08:09 pm »
At Sams Club, their developing is pretty cheap. A roll of color film with 3x5 prints only runs at $1.99, and a little bit more for 4x6.  IF you do slide film, it only costs $4.80 for a roll of 36exp.  As far as I know, the one in San Diego sends all their 2 day processing to the actual Fuji Lab.  You should find out which lab they will end up going to in order to determine the care you'll get on your reprints.

CELT

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2004, 09:24 pm »
I use a local Super D drug store for my everyday processing. They in turn send it off to Kodak Labs and so far, I've been happy with the results.

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2004, 03:25 am »
I can tell you that Clark is on par or worse than Wal-mart.  The service and turnaround is good but, the quality of printing is not as good as Wolf or Ritz.  I doubt anyone looks at the photos to see if they look good or bad... just whether they're coming out of the machine or not.  Plus, the negatives are all put on top of each other in an envelope that isn't designed for them.

My parents use them.  I've recently used them for a bunch of film I had lying around that I had no idea what it was.  I'm glad I did because I didn't care about any of it.  Total with shipping for 7 rolls of color film in 4x6 was about $20 IIRC.