Anybody have V-22 or V-33 around Sacramento??

Whitestix

Anybody have V-22 or V-33 around Sacramento??
« on: 28 Mar 2013, 01:00 am »
I'd be keen to hear either of these speakers if anybody is willing to invite me over for a listen. Speakers that I can place near the wall behind them are very appealing.  I'd be happy to take run down to the Bay area to hear them.   I will bring the beverages of choice.
Cheers, Mark White

Malcolm02

Re: Anybody have V-22 or V-33 around Sacramento??
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2013, 01:23 am »
I have the VR-33 in the south bay area. Send me a pm if you want to talk more.

Malcolm

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2013, 02:32 am »
Hi Mark

Welcome to AC -- we really like new members to introduce themselves up front to give the rest of us a sense of your interests, gear, preferences etc, as mentioned in the Welcome sticky post. Might help others in your area to open their homes to you too if they had a better sense of who they were inviting.

If close placement to the wall is crucial, you can try several VSA speakers - I've put my VR5SEs there at times and the VR22s. Not ideal in my room perhaps but amazingly they worked far better than one might think, and certainly better than other speakers I've tried that close.

Keep us posted as you go!

Best

Patrick (delacroix - moderator)

thankful

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2013, 04:05 pm »
I just moved the each vr-35 2" toward each other (so 4" total) and 2" back toward the rear wall.  The sound is more focused and more intimate.  I am going to listen for a day or two and then start moving them back toward the rear wall in 1/4" increments.  Albert says the vr-35's can be stuffed with dracon if necessary to tame them.  The sound-stage gets larger as I move them back toward the rear wall.  Trying to balance the bass and mid-range is a little challenging. 

Whitestix

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2013, 02:04 am »
Hi Malcolm,
I am new to this site and am not having much success navigating around it so forgive me.  My email addy is msw2626@comcast.net if you'd care to drop me an email.  I am keen to hear these speakers.  Cheers,
Mark White