ATC SCM-19 or Emerald Physics CS3 ??

Amiratos

ATC SCM-19 or Emerald Physics CS3 ??
« on: 14 Oct 2010, 06:37 pm »
In the upgrade process of a secondary system for the living room, I'm planning to change the speakers.

Actually the components are:

- A tunned Oppo as transport,

- Paradisea DAC,

- A recently arrived Wyred 4 Sound STI-1000 integrated amp,( the amp was selected thinking as able to fight with any difficult load (like the ATC's), it has 570 watts in 8 Ohms )

- Opera Mezza bookshelves.

The matching is excelent and the system sounds very good with the new amp. But I also like the sound of Dynaudios wich is more like ATC (I have the C2's in my principal system).......

Initially I was thinking in ATC SCM-19, but the Emerald Physics CS3 hit my radar with his aproach and good comments. Now I have to choose between them... any suggestions ??

jaxwired

Re: ATC SCM-19 or Emerald Physics CS3 ??
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2010, 12:43 am »
No contest, ATC SCM-19 hands down.  A proven fav with studio roots and world class accuracy.  Where as the CS3 is a bit gimmicky and ugly to boot.   I can't imaging you not regretting picking those over the SCM-19s.  The SCM-19s are stunning, lacking only in the deep bass, and perfect for a smaller venue.

Amiratos

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2010, 01:02 am »
That's true !!, the Emerald Physics are a little tricky..... and the ATC are among the best drivers in the world, not like the Eminence and Selenium of the CS3's.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2010, 02:45 pm »
They are such different speakers, what led you to these two to be considered in the same shortlist.