Blown Fuses in my Kismet amp

A_shah

Blown Fuses in my Kismet amp
« on: 3 Jul 2018, 04:32 am »
About three months back I got a Pair of Tube monos from another brand and my Odyssey  Kismet in Stratos lay idle , I had ordered some German made 6.3Amp/250 V  fuses which were available  on EBay for a very reasonable price ! which came in today so I opened up the top of my amp. and took the fuses out.   Guess what ! 2 of the four fuses inside were blown ! :duh: Question ?  why was I still able to play both channels except I noticed that I lost Bass and their was a constant hiss( not audible beyond  12-15 inches from the speakers ) which I blamed on my high efficiency new speakers
Once I placed the new fuses back inside and turned the system on  OMG! ! it sounded like another piece of gear ! not only did the Bass come back but using it direct with the PS Audio Directstream DAC the Odyssey amp was in another world ! and I fell in love with the amp again !
OK the fuses make a difference ? but if two of the four internal fuses were blown why was I still getting sound(signal) from both the right and the left channel ? :scratch:

Asghar

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Blown Fuses in my Kismet amp
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2018, 04:41 am »
Maybe each output transistor pair have one fuse,
so you was listening just one transistor pair per ch.
Do you know why they blow?

Dishman442

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2018, 04:55 am »
Probably a Klaus question.

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2018, 10:15 pm »
Maybe each output transistor pair have one fuse,
so you was listening just one transistor pair per ch.
Do you know why they blow?

Only thing I can think of is changing the power cord a couple of times as this unit is supposed to on all times and it has a very large transformer 850 V and Klaus warned me that I will blow a few fuses although my electricity is pretty clean ( measured by a friend with BH Noise Analyzer plus I protect the equipment with PS audio Dectet power center and PS audio classic outlets on a semi dedicated line