SOLD: Denon DL-103R w/Soundsmith Retip, The Cap, and Denon SUT

shug451

This is a great package for those wanting to try the famed Denon DL-103r cartridge. This particular cartridge was sent to Soundsmith for a retip (see below, for $299) several years ago and was never used. I had also purchased The Cap (Denon Aluminum Body Cap, https://www.denonaluminumbody.com/) and a used Denon AU300 SUT, but again, was never used, as I picked up a new turntable with a tonearm that turned out to be incompatible with the Denon cartridge.

Original cost of items included:
New Denon DL-103r ($499, plus $299 retip)
The Cap ($68)
Used Denon AU300 SUT -- Approx. $150

I'll sell the whole package for $575, CONUS shipped and all PayPal fees covered. I will consider selling items individually, but buyer will pay for shipping. Please inquire for prices.

From SOUNDSMITH'S WEBSITE -- https://sound-smith.com/options-cantilever-and-stylus-shapes

Sapphire with laser drilled mounted low Mass Contact line stylus

GREAT OPTION ! This rebuild features a laser drilled Sapphire cantilever with low mass through mounted Contact Line stylus - super performance option at a reasonable cost.

The Contact Line Diamond has three times the contact area in the vertical direction of the groove wall compared to an elliptical shaped diamond. This lowers the force per unit area on both the diamond and the record groove, resulting in lower record and diamond wear and improved.high frequency performance - especially at the end of the record.

This upgrade can be done to almost any cartridge and stylus assembly and can sometimes allow a reduction in a tracking force. The Sapphire cantilever can be an excellent replacement for most cartridges, and is basically the same material as Ruby. Sapphire has been used as the original cantilever material in some of the finest cartridges made. If you select and desire this level of rebuild, we will automatically proceed with this assembly unless we find a technical reason that it cannot be installed.

« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2022, 01:48 pm by shug451 »

TABARD

• TemaadAudio
Re: FS: Denon DL-103R w/Soundsmith Retip, The Cap, and Denon SUT
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2022, 01:12 am »
Hi, Could be interested in this. Could you post some better photos of the stylus & cantilever

Cheers