NX STUDIO SPEAKERS

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: NX STUDIO SPEAKERS
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2022, 12:32 am »
Great job on the speakers, and I also love your use of branded burlap sacks as part of your acoustic treatments - very cool!!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2022, 12:49 am »
I've got several coffee sacks filled with fiberglass stuffed in corners.  Work great.  Easy, affordable. Work as well as the cylinders I've built. 

DannyBadorine

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2022, 02:35 pm »
I've got several coffee sacks filled with fiberglass stuffed in corners.  Work great.  Easy, affordable. Work as well as the cylinders I've built. 

That's a great idea!  Sound treatment often suffers from a lack of depth/thickness.  You need that thickness to deal with low frequencies and it seems you would get it by doing this.  Does it fit the decor?  Because that's what my wife would want to know.....

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #23 on: 21 Jun 2022, 06:33 pm »
Those turned out super nice.  :thumb: I like the look of the veneer with the painted baffle. The surprising part is that the satin finish seems to have no streaks or blotchyness in gloss level. That is not exactly easy to do so pat yourself on the back for that.

jmac

« Reply #24 on: 21 Jun 2022, 09:04 pm »
Thank you for the  nice responses. The coffee bags are from ATS. I'm very pleased with how they came out but more happy with the way the sound. John

chalkpie

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jul 2022, 09:05 pm »
Great job! Can you elaborate on the sound? Cheers

bhassel

« Reply #26 on: 6 Dec 2022, 08:06 pm »
The speaker stands look great. Was that something you designed yourself?

Bob

Norman Tracy

« Reply #27 on: 6 Dec 2022, 08:31 pm »
I agree with the congratulations already posted, great job JMac!  :thumb:

I've rotated the pics so we can all enjoy them again.

bhassel

« Reply #28 on: 6 Dec 2022, 10:56 pm »
Just ordered the NX Studio & cables. Flat pack ordering next! Love the way your speakers came out.

Bob

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #29 on: 7 Dec 2022, 01:01 am »
Bob, you'll have some fun building thoseand even more fun listening when you're done. If you need any help with the build along the way, we're all here to help.

jmac

« Reply #30 on: 10 Dec 2022, 03:17 am »
Thanks for straightening out the pictures. So I have been listening to them for about a year. They are very revealing. Midrange is superb. Honestly you never get tired of listening to  them. I paired them with two GR single sealed subs.  The stands were made out of one  composite house column. I filled them with sand and put them on granite bases. Thanks for all the great responses, John

2bigears

« Reply #31 on: 10 Dec 2022, 09:03 pm »
 :D great build ,, I'd love to hear this speaker. You say the midrange is very good ?  Who doesn't love ❤️ sweet midrange voices and instruments !   :D