Primare A32 Power Amplifier, Big, Heavy, Great Sounding. SOLD

kentj1948

I am selling my Primare A32 power amp.  I have owned it six years and it has sounded great while being totally reliable.  This was Primare's statement amp until very recently.  It is designed in Sweden and built in Taiwan.  New it listed for $5500.  It is a great amp for running Maggies or other power hungry speakers.  I used it with both 1.6s and 1.7s.

Power output is 250/400 WPC.  The amp weighs 90 pounds, has a 2KVA transformer and 180,000 uF of capacitance.  It accepts either single ended or balanced inputs and converts single ended sources to balanced.  It is biased slightly on the warm side.  The fins get moderately warm.  I have the box and manuals.  You can get more information at:   

Primare.net>Resources>Past Products>Stereo Amplifiers>A32.

If you need a good sounding, silent preamp to go with the A32, I also have a Primare PRE32.  It includes the MM30 DAC/streaming board that will let you go fully digital.  More about these two products are on the web site.  I am asking an additional $1700 for the preamp.  List was $4700.  It was purchased new less than two years ago.  (The MM30 board is listed under network players on the Primare website.)

I am in the St. Louis area and am willing to meet a buyer so that shipping can be avoided.  I am thinking halfway between Chicago, KC, Indianapolis, Nashville, Tulsa, etc.  The amp can be shipped but it is costly.

I want to add one quick caveat.  The input impedance on the A32 is 15K Ohms.  This is on the low side for power amps.  The output impedance of your preamp should not exceed 1.5K Ohm.  The only preamps I have seen over 1.5K Ohm are from Prima Luna.  They may not be a good match.

Contact me with any questions or interest.  Thanks for checking out my ad. Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2018, 08:42 pm by kentj1948 »