Cat just pee'd on my 14B!

deadhead

Re: Cat just pee'd on my 14B!
« Reply #40 on: 17 Oct 2019, 04:29 pm »
Now I see why all the ads for audio equipment state "Smoke free, Pet free environment" as a plus.  Never owned a cat.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #41 on: 17 Oct 2019, 08:00 pm »
Now I see why all the ads for audio equipment state "Smoke free, Pet free environment" as a plus.  Never owned a cat.
Some people have pet allergies. The peeing on equipment is a bit extreme though. My sister has 2 dogs. As much as I like does, her damn dogs drool and slobber all over everything. And they smell. Really, really bad. She’s given me clothes for my kids that her kids outgrew, and I can smell it before I open the bags. I politely take them and put them straight in the trash when she’s gone. And no, I’m not overly sensitive to it as everyone says the same thing about her house and everything that comes out of it.

That’s why I like the “smoke and pet-free home” in the ads.

FireGuy

« Reply #42 on: 17 Oct 2019, 08:48 pm »
Some people have pet allergies. The peeing on equipment is a bit extreme though. My sister has 2 dogs. As much as I like does, her damn dogs drool and slobber all over everything. And they smell. Really, really bad. She’s given me clothes for my kids that her kids outgrew, and I can smell it before I open the bags. I politely take them and put them straight in the trash when she’s gone. And no, I’m not overly sensitive to it as everyone says the same thing about her house and everything that comes out of it.

That’s why I like the “smoke and pet-free home” in the ads.

I too don't dislike dogs, but no sir.  No dogs (or other pets) here as well.  Your diatribe was kinda spot on... and entertaining.

I've also see "kid free" zone.  I understand that to be important for the ultimate protection of your gear, but I just can't free my home of that.  When I get little ones in my listening area I'm the ultimate Watch Captain in the watch tower at Sing Sing.  They always know the rules.

trackball02

Stu Pitt

« Reply #44 on: 17 Oct 2019, 11:13 pm »
I too don't dislike dogs, but no sir.  No dogs (or other pets) here as well.  Your diatribe was kinda spot on... and entertaining.

I've also see "kid free" zone.  I understand that to be important for the ultimate protection of your gear, but I just can't free my home of that.  When I get little ones in my listening area I'm the ultimate Watch Captain in the watch tower at Sing Sing.  They always know the rules.
I’ve got 2 kids and a cat. None of them have messed with my stuff. I have no idea what it is, but my cat leaves no traces of his existence behind. My cousin who’s more allergic to cats than anyone I’ve ever met is perfectly fine in my house. When my now 6 year old was born, he came over for the first time in years. He was here for 2 hours before he realized we had a cat. And he only realized it when he saw the cat sitting about 5 feet away from him. He looked at me really awkwardly and said “I didn’t know you had a cat.” We all started laughing because we just didn’t think about his allergies. He was here 4-5 hours and no reaction at all. I’ve seen him stop in the doorway and walk away at other people’s homes.

My older daughter almost touched an exposed tweeter once. She was 2 or 3. I told her no in a nice way and she never did anything like that again. Some people’s pets and kids destroy everything. I guess I got lucky because mine haven’t. Except for my youngest one time - when she was learning her letters, she picked up a pebble and tried to write her name on my wife’s car’s fender. She got “Em” of Emily before my wife caught her while she was buckling our other daughter in her car seat. Quite comical. It’ll buff out when I get around to it.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #45 on: 18 Oct 2019, 12:45 am »

Some people’s pets and kids destroy everything. I guess I got lucky because mine haven’t.

Genetics.

sfraser

« Reply #46 on: 22 Oct 2019, 03:44 pm »
Yep...had a couple of cats when the kids were younger. At least $10k of damage throughout the years, including removing all the carpet in the house, drywall, some furniture  and having the pleasure of them using my camera case (pelican case) as a litter box. Peed over two camera bodies and several len's........had to go out for a long walk after that.

twitch54

« Reply #47 on: 22 Oct 2019, 05:41 pm »
well it's been over 4 years, I wonder if the OP's cat is still alive ................

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #48 on: 22 Oct 2019, 06:35 pm »
well it's been over 4 years, I wonder if the OP's cat is still alive ................

DARN! zombie thread attack! I answered it too.....  :thumb:

shawngt2

« Reply #49 on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:16 pm »
I had a Maine Coon that was only 1yo and it started chewing on cables EVERYWHERE. As soon as it chewed the Bryston spade cables coming out of my B135, then chewing on my speaker cables...That cat was gone VERY fast to a new and very good home. No more cats, ever!