Cat just pee'd on my 14B!

InfernoSTi

Re: Cat just pee'd on my 14B!
« Reply #20 on: 8 Aug 2015, 04:21 pm »
Please pick up some "Sticky Paws" double sided tape and use it generously where you don't want your cats.  If you are not familiar with it, here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I08FI4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00IUHX55W&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1X0BBDEGBA580WJSP14H

While designed to prevent scratching, you can use it to prevent going certain places (they won't walk/sleep on Sticky Paws tape).  It is available in sheets and in a roller dispenser.

John

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #21 on: 8 Aug 2015, 05:34 pm »
Plastic carpet liners.....the type with the points on the bottom to prevent slipping.
Turn them upside down at door entrance to prevent cats, children and mother inlaws
from entering your music room.

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #22 on: 8 Aug 2015, 05:52 pm »
 :green: thank you all for the great suggestions!

I just picked up some nice thick foam jigsaw floor mats from B&Q to cover the entire front and side of the speaker and had my cat checked by vets, he's fine but the permanent fix would be to  :nono:his plums....

I'll add another litter box and more claw mats tomorrow  :green:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #23 on: 8 Aug 2015, 06:35 pm »
If that doesn't work, maybe you need a sentry to safeguard your possessions. 
You stay there, I stay here, everybody's happy.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #24 on: 8 Aug 2015, 07:00 pm »
We had a cat once that was peeing where we didn't want it to, I put his food bowl at that location for awhile and he stopped. Then I moved it a couple of weeks later and he never did it again. If you have baby kittens they are like kids. Out of site out of mind, don't let them in the area until they are older.

I would also try the above suggestion of sticky tape. My cat hates it on him anywhere and runs for the hills.

The one thing I've learned about cats is you can't leave them free to roam in your house when you're not home if you want them to learn not to get on certain things like the kitchen counter or your speakers. You have to put them in a space that is closed off from the rest of the house. We have always put our cats in the laundry room locked down when we aren't home. I have never had a cat that has gotten on the counter or table because when I'm home and they are learning I teach them what they can and can't do. When I'm gone they don't have the chance to make a mistake because they are in their own space. Now after 8 years I can leave my cat in the house if I choose, free to roam and he would never even think of getting on the counters or mess with my gear. People that let their cats roam when they are not home from the get go have cats that do whatever they want and that's the problem in my opinion.

2bigears

« Reply #25 on: 8 Aug 2015, 07:58 pm »
.   How is the sound ?  Does it sound more organic and natural ?   Ha
         Could be a mod no one has ever thought of ?  :D     Type of cat ?  How old ? Type of food ?

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #26 on: 8 Aug 2015, 08:51 pm »
  Does the warranty cover this?  If not that would really be a  "piss off" :lol:

Saturn94

« Reply #27 on: 8 Aug 2015, 08:59 pm »
Macrojack is right!.....I love cats, but I can't have one because I love HiFi just as much. A cats instinct in a house is to catch a mouse. I'm sure their acute hearing goes to the woofer and tweeter direction which is right behind the grill cloth just luring them like a small hole in the baseboard. Grills off? The cone movement would be icing on the cake to a cat, way better than a fake mouse. And who doesn't like the feel of basking in the sun. Cats are small enough to bask ontop of an amp. As an extra,a vacuum tube amp cover might give a little vibration too like a coin operated hotel bed on TV sitcoms. If there is some kind of spray that will prevent those cats habits I will buy it and a cat.....sincerely Mark Korda...P.S. I forgot about a turntable arm in motion?

I guess it depends the cat.  I had 3 cats (at the same time) and none of them bothered my AV gear (in the living room), including an SVS cylinder sub which could easily have become a giant scratching post.

I can't say I can explain why they didn't mess with my gear; I didn't do anything special to "cat proof" my living room and gear.

Perhaps I was just lucky.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #28 on: 9 Aug 2015, 12:44 pm »
Cats are lovely pets if they live since babies in the house.
Afterwhile cats are great classical musicians:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeoT66v4EHg
Also there is a lemon spray cat repelent to apply at critical areas.

j5emsson

« Reply #29 on: 16 Oct 2019, 07:55 pm »
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I've finally found something that works for me and my xbox!

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house nor my ropes don't smell like a litter box anymore

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out, I highly recommend this:
nomorecatpee.com

j5emsson

« Reply #30 on: 17 Oct 2019, 04:29 am »
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I've finally found something that works for me  :lol:

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house nor my ropes don't smell like a litter box anymore

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out, I highly recommend this:
nomorecatpee.com

wushuliu

« Reply #31 on: 17 Oct 2019, 05:08 am »
People that let their cats roam when they are not home from the get go have cats that do whatever they want and that's the problem in my opinion.

There you go. It's their house not yours. That's how they think, and most owners enable that whether they know it or not.

Cats are just not meant to be domesticated. Sure, like people, you have some here and there are more accommodating but by and large we and they are not compatible. And if there is more than one owner, you have to be on the same page or it's pointless training in any way. I was a 'step-dad' to a cat for 12 years and as adorable as he could be at times, he couldn't care less about anything but the basics - food, warmth, excretion. My gf just was not able to enforce any meaningful discipline and I had step in and be the bad guy all the time. Finally, I decided to just research the hell out of how to take care of cats and I just burst out laughing all the time. Because no one has any real clue about what to do. A million 'tips and tricks' that are inconsistent and mostly ineffective. What IS consistent is the amount of advice that leads to purchasing useless cat products to feed an exploding multi-billion dollar industry. I was generally shocked at how little real information there is on being a cat owner.

Long story short - create a physical barrier to the gear and call it a day. Cause that pee smell ain't gone even if you think it is. And if they are in any way out of sorts they will head right back to that area no matter what you do...

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #32 on: 17 Oct 2019, 10:28 am »
I hate cats.

Samoyed

« Reply #33 on: 17 Oct 2019, 12:01 pm »
The cure: gunny sack, bricks and a river. I hate cats.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #34 on: 17 Oct 2019, 12:12 pm »
faster cure: rent a pit-bull on steroids.

Samoyed

« Reply #35 on: 17 Oct 2019, 01:16 pm »
Now that’s funny!  I hate cats.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #36 on: 17 Oct 2019, 01:36 pm »
I LOVE cats. But thankfully I am allergic to them!  :thumb:
Oddly, some cats far far more than others. Some, can't set foot in the house with since in moments I am in, starting to wheeze and go blind, others fine as long a several hours, even petting them.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #37 on: 17 Oct 2019, 03:05 pm »
I like cats.  They taste good.

decal

« Reply #38 on: 17 Oct 2019, 03:52 pm »
Cats are the spawn of Satan,they should be returned to the depths of Hell from which they emerged !!!!

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #39 on: 17 Oct 2019, 04:10 pm »
When young, our cats would do all sorts of things. But just like a small child you can teach them what is okay and what is not okay.

If there is some reason your cats are trying to get into that place, you may want to find a better alternative for them. Just like if you don't have enough clean litter boxes or enough good-condition scratching posts, you need to provide enough warm safe places for them.