Salk Sound Veracity HT3 or AV123 Line Source LS6/LS9 for HT

TheKurgan

I am buying a new house and will convert the double car garage into a HT room. I will be gutting it out next month and have the room done within 2-3 weeks (New walls, Dry wall, carpet, HT Chairs, etc). I'm buying a 130" screen w/ a JVC projector.

I am purchasing from a friend's brother the Pioneer Elite SC09 receiver (he's getting divorced).

Now for HT primarily what speakers do you recommend? I live on Long Island and would love to audition both the HT3 and the LS6/LS9 if there is anyone in the area.

Here is the thing. I want to save money like anyone else and I've been frequenting many places like 6th Ave Electronic and Audio Den in Lake Grove.

My favorite speakers to date are the KEF Reference 205 for $10,000 a pair. I thought I was all set with the Paradigm S8's for the fronts. Great speakers but when I heard them against the KEF's IMO there was no contest.

Can anyone tell me from their experience what said speaker is most like the KEF's. Honestly from what I read the Veracity's may be. Are the LS6/9
s or array speakers fine for HT?

Thanks guys.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Salk Sound Veracity HT3 or AV123 Line Source LS6/LS9 for HT
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2009, 07:17 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Not sure if your post belongs here my friend. See guidelines here.

You will want to post your 'question' on either the Salk forum or GR Research forum or both.

Again, welcome!!

Anand.

brj

Re: Salk Sound Veracity HT3 or AV123 Line Source LS6/LS9 for HT
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2009, 09:38 pm »
Thread relocated here, as the most appropriate circle for the question...

Kurgan, welcome to AC!

I see you have also started this thread in the manufacturers circles.  Please note that AC treats manufacturer's circles as something akin to an extension of their personal store front.  Thus, you won't find one manufacturer commenting in a thread started in another manufacturer's circle (unless specifically invited), even if their own product is being discussed.  That detail, coupled with the natural tendency for supporters of a brand to wax poetic in that brand's circle, will tend to result in a one sided story.  (You have the advantage, at least, of comparing two speakers made by two vendors that are both active on AC with their own circles, so at least you can get opposing one sided stories! :wink: )

Note that this isn't a criticism - it is simply the way things tend to be.  We have lots of enthusiastic people on AC, and that is one reason it is such a friendly, informative and interesting place.  You're best bet when asking for information on two different speakers is to post it in this circle - General Audio.  That way, everyone can contribute, including both manufacturers, if so inclined (although they will still tend to comment on their own product only, rather than offer opinions on another vendor's product).

Good luck!