N3 Flat Pack

Danny Richie

Re: N3 Flat Pack
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jun 2018, 04:12 pm »
But since thye OP already has four M130 drivers, he could swap them with the Vaporcore drivers in the CST-1. Then he'd still have a back up pair of tweeters should he have an accident.

The Carnegie drivers aren't from Vaporcore. And the standard M-130 is the wrong impedance for that speaker. The 16 ohm versions can be used, but the whole crossover would have to change as well.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jun 2018, 04:14 pm »
I have a pair of x-statix that I built.  How does this speaker compare?  Thanks

I haven’t heard the X-Statics but the tweeter in the CST-1 is planar magnetic, so my guess is the CST-1 would be the over all better sounding speaker.

They are both really good speakers, but also very different. Some prefer the planar tweeter some prefer the dome. The CST-1's will play down lower, but the X-Statik's that that transparent open baffle sound in the mids.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2018, 04:16 pm »
Thanks for the response what about the Pedistale?  I am not finding any reviews on this one at all either..

They are very smooth and balanced. They sound a lot like our A/V-3. They were also designed for close to the wall placement. So far, everyone that has them has loved them.

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2018, 04:19 pm »
how much of improvement is there putting the N3 components in this speaker?

If you have the CST-1's  and want to step them up, or thinking about buying them and stepping them up, then the thing to do is upgrade the caps and one resistor on the circuit board to Sonicaps and a Mills resistor. It's easy to do and takes the resolution up across the board. You can line them with No Rez too.