Red Wine Audio Isabella replacement batteries

Rocket

Red Wine Audio Isabella replacement batteries
« on: 31 Jan 2015, 07:35 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Absolutely enjoying my Isabella preamplifier that I purchased from you in 2014.  Just wondering where I stand with replacement batteries as the line is now discontinued.  Are they available anywhere or should I buy a pack from you and store it?

Regards Rod

Blu99Zoomer

Re: Red Wine Audio Isabella replacement batteries
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2015, 05:17 pm »
Hi Rocket,

Good question.  I have a Signature 15 amp that I will need to think about its battery down the road.  I got mine last year, too.  So I hope a few years to wait for that time...Will it play off the wall a/c when the battery goes dead or am I going to have to play taps for the unit? :lol:

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2015, 05:37 pm »
Hi Rocket and Blu,

Good question!  :green:

The battery packs in the Red Wine Audio LFP-V and Renaissance Edition products are custom-made for us (not an off the shelf
part). 

I will continue to offer them for many years to come (including the custom aluminum casing that comes with the pack, so you
simply need the 4 bottom screws to mount it).

I do NOT recommend buying packs and storing them.  They need to be maintained (cycled, and not left uncharged for longer than a couple
of months).  I do all of that here, and have fresh packs or can get freshly-made packs them relatively quick.

Cheers!

Vinnie

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2015, 02:34 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for the information.  I haven't done any research but wonder how long in your experience do you expect the battery packs to last? 

Cheers Rod

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2015, 09:27 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for the information.  I haven't done any research but wonder how long in your experience do you expect the battery packs to last? 

Cheers Rod

Hi Rod,

As long as they are used in accordance with the owners manual, they should easily exceed 1000 cycles (2000 is not uncommon). 
A cycle being when you use your component on battery power, and then turn it off and it charged back to full capacity again.

Vinnie

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2015, 11:57 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Thank you for the information.

Regards Rod