Decware fans?

swaroop81

Decware fans?
« on: 16 Mar 2024, 08:15 pm »
Wanted to ask if we had any Decware fans in our group? I personally have a Torii MK V and thoroughly enjoy tube rolling with it. They are paired with Zu Soul Supremes (MK V) and I find that while my setup isn’t a bass champion, the overall presentation is brilliant with a precise soundstage. “The speakers disappear” is such cliche, but something I am fortunate to experience when I listen to music…. Only wish would be to find an excellent, cheap source of NOS tubes…

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: Decware fans?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2024, 12:11 am »
i have the decware csp3 preamp.  it sounds great.  its also a low-powered headphone amp.   decware has an active user forum. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2024, 12:27 am »
Wanted to ask if we had any Decware fans in our group? I personally have a Torii MK V and thoroughly enjoy tube rolling with it. They are paired with Zu Soul Supremes (MK V) and I find that while my setup isn’t a bass champion, the overall presentation is brilliant with a precise soundstage. “The speakers disappear” is such cliche, but something I am fortunate to experience when I listen to music…. Only wish would be to find an excellent, cheap source of NOS tubes…
My favorite tube vendor are Andrey and his wife Natasha at GSTubes.com:
https://www.gstube.com/catalog/?key=6n1p&submit=Find

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2024, 10:21 am »
Check out the Decware forum for tube rolling information and vendors. The Tori MKV is a great and very versatile amp. There are a lot of great insights over there. I've had good luck with Viva Tubes for new issue Sensor (Gold Lion, Mullard, Tung-Sol, etc.). For NOS try Jim McShane @
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm

NB
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2024, 08:41 pm by nature boy »

bacobits1

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2024, 02:42 pm »
GTS tubes is a dead link.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2024, 04:05 pm »

Worked yesterday. Window shopped some ECC83 tubes on there.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2024, 07:52 pm »
It was blocked AGAIN by the authorities of your country, as GSTUBES.COM is a Russian shop located in Moscow, with site hosted in USA.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2024, 12:49 pm »
I ordered a Zen Triode in January 2022 and I'm finally getting close to the top of the Decware build list. I expect its arrival in a month or so. Looking forward to how it pairs with a couple of my easy to drive OB speakers.

js1955

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2024, 01:04 pm »
Main page link works fine:

https://gstube.com/index.php

Markwatkiss

« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2024, 01:52 pm »
I have a multitude of 12AX7's and 5751 premium tubes that are surplus to my needs.Flip me a pm if interested.
Also a Decware fan.