KLH Model 20 FREE!! PICK UP IN BOSTON AREA ONLY

sts9fan

KLH Model 20 FREE!! PICK UP IN BOSTON AREA ONLY
« on: 5 Mar 2008, 09:44 pm »
So I picked up a KLH model 20 system on Sunday.  It is both speakers and the turntable with FM section.  It also came with what I would assume is all the documentation that is in perfect shape. Warranty sheet and all.    Actually its a bummer the system is not in as good condition as the documents.  There is a flyer that says it is a Garrard Model 3000C turntable. Any one know anything about these?  I think they were top of the line but lots were made.  It is not the 20 plus. 
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2008, 03:14 pm by sts9fan »

SET Man

Re: KLH Model 20??
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2008, 01:37 am »
Hey!

Does it still work? Tube or SS inside?

Pictures would be nice.  :green:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

sts9fan

Re: KLH Model 20??
« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2008, 04:38 pm »
its ss.  I will take some pics

sts9fan

Re: KLH Model 20 FREE!! PICK UP IN BOSTON AREA ONLY
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2008, 03:15 pm »
I need to get rid of this fast.  Free to the first person to pick it up in the Boston area.  May get trashed otherwise. 

Kris

0stackers

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2008, 05:08 pm »
If no one here wants it you should ask on AudioKarma.org. At the very least you should give it to your local Goodwill/Salvation Army or whatever... I'm pretty sure that throwing away perfectly good gear is like a crime against humanity or something.

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2008, 05:59 pm »
Will do on the audiokarma tip. 

TF1216

• Industry Participant

sts9fan

« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2008, 07:57 pm »
Na like I said it is not the "20 plus".  It is the same speakers and TT/FM Tuner but not the fancy modern stands. 

sts9fan

« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2008, 12:40 pm »
FREE!!!!!!!

sorenj07

« Reply #9 on: 25 Mar 2008, 02:54 pm »
Where in Boston are you?  Feel free to PM.

djbnh

« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2008, 10:34 pm »
So I picked up a KLH model 20 system on Sunday.  It is both speakers and the turntable with FM section.  It also came with what I would assume is all the documentation that is in perfect shape. Warranty sheet and all.    Actually its a bummer the system is not in as good condition as the documents.  There is a flyer that says it is a Garrard Model 3000C turntable. Any one know anything about these?  I think they were top of the line but lots were made.  It is not the 20 plus. 
I was the recipient of a donated pair of Model 20 speakers that I now use to good effect in my weight room. The odd thing about them is the RCA-type rear connector, it was a challenge to find a set of SCs that I could use (settled on a pair of inexpensive Rat Shack cables). The speakers don't go wicked low, however as paired with an aged yet pristine Fisher 800B receiver, the sound is more than adequate.

miket

« Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2008, 04:22 pm »
I'll pick it up tonight - where are you?