3 audiophiles, 2 amps and 5 headphones YouTube video.

Rikard Ekval

Great guys!
Danny, Ron and Hobbs.
The Rat pack of Audiophiles??
Sympathetic and informative, as usual.
Thank you for this test.
And Hobbs, always nice with a face to relate to. Great work.
Keep em coming lads! :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: 3 audiophiles, 2 amps and 5 headphones YouTube video.
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2023, 02:00 am »
That video was a lot of fun to work on, and it was exciting getting to hear different headphones in both brand, but also driver performance, and see how different amps can also affect the sound or prevent a headphone from sounding as good as they could.

Coming from nothing but Sennheiser for the last 6-ish years (HD 598SE, HD6XX, CX 3.0 & IE80) it's been a good experience to see what else is out there, and gives me some perspective on what sort of sound I like, and where I should explore more if/when I have the opportunity.
I still appreciate the Sennheiser sound as it's one I can and have listened to the 6XX for 8+ hours at a time.

I've since spent a little more time with the Verum and Moondrop headphones and I really have continued to enjoy their sound. The speed of the Planar drivers is fantastic, and really has me wanting to get a pair of planar headphones at some point.

hawkeyejw

Re: 3 audiophiles, 2 amps and 5 headphones YouTube video.
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:58 pm »
It was definitely interesting to hear the opinion of all of you 2ch guys on headphones. I have a pair of Audeze LCD-X and they sound great but there’s no doubt I prefer my 2ch system immediately the second I unplug the headphone cable. I don’t get any sense of space or soundstage with the headphones, which changes the experience for me quite a bit. The detail and dynamics are there in spades with the PMD drivers and the tone is good, but the music, to me, sounds like it’s happening in my head more than in space around me. Still an enjoyable experience but very different. I use the headphones when I need to avoid disturbing other people in the house but otherwise I choose the 2 channel system every time