LS6: So Real . . .

wshuff

LS6: So Real . . .
« on: 8 Dec 2012, 02:55 pm »
Last month I happened across a close-out projector for a price that for me was finally right, so after about 20 years of pining for a projector like Ralphie and that Red Ryder BB gun, I finally had one.  I crammed a 100-inch screen into a space I never thought would swallow it, and after about a year on the sidelines following a move I got my system, including my beloved LS6 speakers, back in the game.  Ever since my day ends with my butt parked in one of the two recliners positioned in front of my own personal theater.  It doesn't matter what I'm watching . . . network television, Blu-Ray, DVD, Honey Boo Boo . . . I'm fascinated and just don't want to stop.  Most nights that means that as the minutes tick by my recliner slowly inches back slowly until I doze off.

That happened earlier this week.  I don't know how long I'd been asleep when a gunshot cracked through the room, scaring the HOLY CRAP!!! out of me and causing an involuntary spasm that sent my recliner tipping over and spilling me onto the floor in a heap.

Which I suppose could lead to a few tag lines:  "The LS6 -- so real it will knock you out of your chair."  Or maybe, "so real it will knock you on your ass!"

jeffh

Re: LS6: So Real . . .
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2012, 06:37 pm »
 :lol: very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2012, 06:48 pm »
Loud enough to knock you down.

Got some pictures?

wshuff

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2012, 03:51 am »
Loud enough to knock you down.

Got some pictures?

Thankfully my wife was already asleep.  Otherwise there probably would be pictures posted all over Facebook.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2012, 06:20 pm »
Can't take her to Vegas.

wshuff

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2012, 08:49 pm »
Can't take her to Vegas.

Absolutely not, never again!   :lol:

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2012, 09:24 pm »
Great post!  Thank you for sharing!!  :icon_lol:

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #7 on: 12 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm »
That's funny, I had a couple of guys over last Saturday and they said they have never heard dynamics like that! (CLS9's).  :D

Cheeseboy

« Reply #8 on: 13 Dec 2012, 04:54 pm »
I thought I was being very clever buying a "clapper" for the christmas tree.  The LS6 turns the tree on and off all night long when they are playing.  Drum moments especially.  Clap On Clap Off.

wshuff

« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm »
Throw on some techno and you'll have a disco with strobe lights.   :thumb:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2012, 11:38 pm »
True True!