Who's got MechAssault & Live?

bubba966

« on: 12 Nov 2003, 03:10 pm »
I know that a few of you are trying to get an AC group together for Ghost Recon on Live.

But I know there's more than a few of us that have MA already.

I'm sure Ghost Recon is plenty fun. But I don't have the $ to drop on it right now, or in the immediate future (need to buy a new tranny for my truck). But I wouldn't mind actually getting some use out of Live, as I've had it for a few months and not bothered playing on line yet.

So maybe we could get some MA games going as I know we've got a few memebers that already have MA that might not be able to pick up GR at the moment.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2003, 03:29 pm »
Definitely play MA live. It will blow you away. The competition is tough and I do recommend creating your own games that you can control with your friends. That way you can all improve together and then venture out occaisionally to the harsh reality of MA Live...

From what I have seen, there is a learning curve to these games. Kids with lots of time have really progressed along the curve...Besides the tough competition, there is "cheating" that goes on. What I mean is, kids will form secret teams in non-team games and just wait for you to reespawn, then blast you - ten times in a row. All to improve their stats. You can set up games to give yourself the advantage, or to make things fair. The "cheating" can get annoying and discouraging pretty fast!

I am learning that it may be best to observe when you can at times. Some games allow you to host a game and be observer. You can cycle through and see what tohers are doing, what their strategy is. On Ghost recon, a guy waited in a room all game to be the "last man standing". Then he got killed!

Also strategy changes of course from single player to multiplayer. The desire to run in and shoot someone usually should be overcome! Reading the forums and websites helps too. The problem for adults is not enough time.

We should get a group or groups together for several of the games, and maybe have a little schedule. We can bring in some of our friends who are not on the forum as well. Its also cool to chat with people in Live, which you can do without even playing!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2003, 06:51 pm »
I'd be interested in a "greenhorn" game for guys like me that aren't 14 years old and don't play games 12 hrs per day!  I've been talking to Brian about a game but football interferes with my getting on when it's best for most people.  Still, I'm in.  Just not on Sunday! :lol:

It is cool that you can use Xbox Live to just voice chat even if you're not playing a game.  I think 'Live is gonna be a big hit.

Askar

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2003, 02:03 pm »
I would be up for some Mechassault.  It's a great game.  The only times I have really played it online though, I was ganged up on by two punk kids.  I still held my own til another old guy joined in and we gave them some of their own medicine.  Would love to get some games going with some mature non-cheaters.

Gamertag is Askar.  Anyone who wants some "no punks" gaming, add me to your friends list and let get some action going.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2003, 04:30 pm »
This item is now on the platinum list, so less than $20

mcrespo71

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2003, 07:08 pm »
OK, for $20 I have no excuse NOT to pick up MA!  I'm still loving GRIT, though.

I have Rainbow Six, which is freaking visually amazing and has great gameplay, but it is STUPID hard on Live.  Get shot once and you are dead- NO RESPAWNS!  I need to play the single player more b/4 getting my ass handed to me on Live.  These 15 year old 12 hour a day gamers are mocking me in Rainbow  6!  At least I have a chance on GRIT!

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2003, 11:19 pm »
Ok, I now have Mech Assault for Xbox live.  Anyone want to set up some time to play?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2003, 06:25 am »
I'm a bit leery of trying MA again after the merciless thrashing I recieved at the hands (and guns) of Bubba966! :oops:

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2003, 06:32 am »
Whatsamatta Rob, haven't been practicing?... :lol:

I 'spose I'd be up for a game or two sometime. Though not any public games yet. I've certainly not had enough time in on it for that.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2003, 06:49 am »
I've been pretty busy- had to work some extra days to make up for a snafu with my vacation pay.  Now that the football season is over (at least for  me!  :?   ) and Xmas is past, I'll maybe get the chance to do some gaming and movies again.