Xbox LIVE gamertag master list...AC style!

Toka

Xbox LIVE gamertag master list...AC style!
« on: 5 Oct 2008, 10:37 pm »
Since similar topics are years old by now, I think its time to start a new one. If you are interested, please reply with your XBL gamertag (heck, do so even if you don't play online...can be fun just comparing games/achievements!), along with what you are currently playing/plan to play...

Gamertag: Bent Wookiee

Games: Would like very much to play Fable 2 and Gears Of War 2 with serious gamers...also plan on getting Fallout 3 but that is not a MP game. As far as legacy games, I'm always up for Halo 3, the original Gears, and maybe Lost Planet.

EDIT: Oh yea, if you send someone else an invite, just add an lil' message with "AC" or something included...I've done so on other message boards and it helps answer the "who the heck is this guy?" question.  :green:

lord_glum

Re: Xbox LIVE gamertag master list...AC style!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2008, 11:30 pm »
ninja goatee xbox

ninja_goatee ps3

Dunno if i am serious or not...how do you define serious?

I am hit or miss with gaming online....i am either on it allot or not at all.

360 Games....GOW2, wanna try fallout, left 4 dead, fable 2 maybe, killzone maybe, COD4 always, halo 3 every once in a blue moon.

PS3 COD4 only

Toka

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm »
Dunno if i am serious or not...how do you define serious?

Good question...I should have been more specific.

By 'serious', I mean you don't scream into the microphone, don't kill your own teammates just for fun, etc. For example, if you are playing Halo 3, and the game is Capture The Flag, you understand what that means, and will communicate with your teammates and develop some sort of strategy. If you win, great. If you lose, maybe you laugh a bit and play again.

What I DON'T mean is hyper-competitive, bossy, my-way-or-the-highway style. I don't plan on making a career out of playing Halo, and I probably wouldn't like playing with people who do. Basically, grownups who enjoy what they play but probably have bigger problems in life, and if they only get 3-4 hours a week to play, they don't want to spend that time looking for decent people with whom to share their time.

Nothing wrong with people who enjoy the other styles, but that describes me!

EDIT: This is a good example of what I consider to be "bad serious":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAtlp2dDPU

lord_glum

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2008, 12:06 am »
Rock.  Then I am serious....I never knew.

Jvo

Toka

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2008, 12:31 am »
Rock.  Then I am serious....I never knew.

Friend request pending!

I should add that I'm seriously into Geometry Wars 2...insane! The Xbox Live Marketplace has several amazing games, all for around $10 or less.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2008, 11:27 am »
I'm competitive enough to be able to "not play around" during the game (firing on team members or birds flying by....), so I'd say I'm serious about it. However, the lack of time I've logged puts me in the novice category for sure. I didn't think I was THAT bad until last night when my son (9) and his neighbor friend (11) gave me ass whooping of a lifetime in GRAW.  :oops:
It was humiliating. They've logged 20X the gameplay I have in this game and pretty well memorized all the good hiding spots.
Maybe when I get signed up with MS, I'll introduce you guys to my son and I'll just watch.  :lol:

Bob

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 6 Oct 2008, 01:13 pm »
My gamertag is -> Deton Nation

I have 4066 gamer points. I rock. Im so good, I dont even use a controller.. I just use my mind powers.
Mike

IronLion

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2008, 01:57 pm »
Mine's PostCom.  I probably won't be playing though until Fifa 08 comes out next week, then Gears of War 2 a little later. 

mcullinan

« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2008, 02:03 pm »
There are certain games I look forward too.. Gears of War 2.. though I havent finished 1 yet hehe... I hope theyve fixed the frame rate stuff. I get a headache with all the slow down in that game. Not crazy about the online either. Anyways.. Im interested in Fable 2. Fallout sounds cool!! Dead Space.. i love the horror genre.
Mike

lord_glum

« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2008, 11:45 pm »
Does anybody know when gears goes on pre-order?

I never had any frame rate issues with gears 1....

Jvo

yooper

« Reply #10 on: 7 Oct 2008, 12:34 am »
Xbox 360 gamer tag - eh yooper 

I don't play as often as I would like... couple times a week or so.  I have most of the AAA titles and would consider my skill level to be about average.  My brain doesn't seem to react to various button pressing as quick as it used to :cuss:, or maybe it's because games have become a lot more complicated since the launch of the Atari 2600 :scratch:  Oh well, I still have fun!

I don't even remember if I set up a gamer tag for my PS3,  I'll have to look and report back.

Mark

Toka

« Reply #11 on: 7 Oct 2008, 03:06 am »
Does anybody know when gears goes on pre-order?

I never had any frame rate issues with gears 1....

Jvo

You can pre-order Gears right now. I never had frame rate issues either...not sure why that would happen??

Woodsea

« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2008, 02:20 am »
Woodseak is my handle on the Live

IronLion

« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2008, 02:43 am »
If anybody is into Fifa 09 and wants to play let me know- PostCom.

mcullinan

« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2008, 03:01 am »
I added everyone.
Mike

mfsoa

« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2008, 03:30 am »
"danschulz"

My sons name. I just got Dirt - I like the driving games but jeez it's tough w/ the controller. Maybe Santa will give me a wheel near the end of December.

Dan plays COD4 a little on the 360, but Counterstrike Source allllll the time on the PC, and hot damn do we have the grades to prove it!
 :x :evil: :roll: :nono: :duh: :x  lets see any more negative ones?   :bawl: :finger: :dunno: :deadhorse: :uzi: :slap: :thumbdown: :whip: :icon_frown:

Dan asks if anyone plays CS Source on the PC?

Thanks

-Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2008, 07:50 pm »
I just got Fable 2... and it has online coop. I hope someone here is gonna play!
First I have to finish up Dead Space though. Which is an awesoooome game.
Mik

lord_glum

« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2008, 11:20 pm »
You will have to let us know how fable is....I would pick it up, but not yet.  I have too many other games and things going on. 

I pre-ordered COD5 World at War we will see how the beta is soon.

thanks,
jvo

Eddie Horton

« Reply #18 on: 8 Dec 2008, 09:30 pm »
Mine is Way2FastWhitey.  Been playing Bioshock a lot.  Next up, Fallout3 on the 360.

kenreau

« Reply #19 on: 13 Dec 2008, 10:24 pm »
This is off topic, but I could not find any other mention of it.  Feel free to suggest if I should start anther thread.

I'm planning to purchase a second set of Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cables.  One cable set stays on the kids SD tv and I wanted a new second set to keep installed on my 50" plasma for a quick plug and play set up.  Pulling out the tv sets everytime to swap cables behind is a major p.i.t.a.

Question - do I just purchase an oem MS Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable set?  I also notice Monster Cable makes the same thing.  Any benefit to go one way or the other?  I really don't like supporting Monster, but MS is almost as bad so I'm really just looking for a better performer if there is one.?  The prices on ebay for both are about the same, so price is not an issue.

Also, I have to use the component style cable set as my Xbox does not have the hdmi port.

Thanks,
Kenreau