Any Experience with PS Audio p10

this_is_vv

Any Experience with PS Audio p10
« on: 9 Mar 2016, 11:19 pm »
Thinking of getting one. Anyone have any experience with it?

datman

Re: Any Experience with PS Audio p10
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2016, 11:27 pm »
I have had a P10 for about 6 months. It does exactly what it is designed to do; clean up the unbelievably noisy ac here in South Louisiana. It makes a big difference in my system, especially in the functioning of my Inspire tube amps.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2016, 12:40 am »
Hello, vv.

I do not have this unit, but its smallest brother had been on my short list a couple years ago until I tried out one of PI Audio's UberBUSSes. With this in my system, I knew I had what I wanted. Have you looked into these at all?

Some folks buy an UberBUSS and then plug either a DigiBUSS or one of Dave's smaller BUSSes into an UberBUSS depending on their system's components.

For approximately 1/4 or even 1/5 the investment, a silent, black background is achievable.

Michael

this_is_vv

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2016, 12:43 am »
Do you guys put your tube amp on this as well.

V

this_is_vv

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2016, 12:45 am »
Hello, vv.

I do not have this unit, but its smallest brother had been on my short list a couple years ago until I tried out one of PI Audio's UberBUSSes. With this in my system, I knew I had what I wanted. Have you looked into these at all?

Some folks buy an UberBUSS and then plug either a DigiBUSS or one of Dave's smaller BUSSes into an UberBUSS depending on their system's components.

For approximately 1/4 or even 1/5 the investment, a silent, black background is achievable.

Michael

I didnt knew about it. WIll start searching. I think i can get p10 close to half price (used) so thats why am i inquiring about it.

V

Rod_S

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2016, 11:32 am »
I have had a P10 for about 6 months. It does exactly what it is designed to do; clean up the unbelievably noisy ac here in South Louisiana. It makes a big difference in my system, especially in the functioning of my Inspire tube amps.

Did you try any other conditioners before settling on the P10 like say any of the Torus or Bryston BIT series, Furman Reference series, Shunyata, etc.? I've often wondered about the real world benefits of regeneration products and if say in your situation one of the above mentioned products would have resulted in the same end result, all without the use of regeneration.