BDP-2 won't advance to next song

Pundamilia

BDP-2 won't advance to next song
« on: 28 Dec 2017, 01:30 am »
Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you overcome the problem.  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I am running MM v2.36. Suddenly, my BDP-2 won't automatically go to the next song, but keeps playing the same cut over and over again. If I click on another song, it will play the new song. I have tried undoing the repeat icon and the random icon. I have rebooted, done the update (several times!), cleared the cache, reset the DB and still the issue persists. The only thing that I have not yet tried is to do a factory reset (absolutely last step). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: BDP-2 won't advance to next song
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2017, 02:46 pm »
Bizarre.
Reset and turn off auto refresh cache?

gbaby

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2017, 05:34 pm »
Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you overcome the problem.  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I am running MM v2.36. Suddenly, my BDP-2 won't automatically go to the next song, but keeps playing the same cut over and over again. If I click on another song, it will play the new song. I have tried undoing the repeat icon and the random icon. I have rebooted, done the update (several times!), cleared the cache, reset the DB and still the issue persists. The only thing that I have not yet tried is to do a factory reset (absolutely last step). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure its not on repeat which shows up as an icon.

Pundamilia

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2017, 07:49 pm »
It turns out that there is an MPD option "Single" which is only accessible from the BDP front panel navigation buttons (see last page of MM manual). I must have inadvertently switched the toggle without intending to do so. :duh: I hope someone else learns from my experience and frustration.

Big shout out to Chris (once again!) for resolving the problem.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: