pics of different color amps

zarco

« on: 19 Aug 2003, 12:05 am »
I currently have on order a pair of Stratos monoblocks from Klauss.I will be comparing them to my George Kaye built hybrid monoblocks.From what I heard at the Home Entertainment show in Frisco I think I know what the outcome of that matchup will be! :) Anyway the BIG decision will be what color to order! he he  I think blue would be pretty cool,but leaning towards silver since it will match my other components and the blue loge probably looks cool in silver.Problem...the pics on Odyssey"s website dont really give one a good idea of what the colors look like...So would it be possible for owners of different color amps to post them here?Would help me and I think everyone would love to see them! Thanks

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2003, 12:47 am »
I had them both, IMO, the blue faceplate w/the blue logo is the way to go, much better looking than the Silver/blue.

avalon65

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2003, 02:41 am »
I'm joining the ranks of happy Klaus Cats soon. I bought a used Stratos which is scheduled to arrive at Klaus's door for a tune-up/upgrade tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have it in a week. Might even make a drive to Indy to pick it up. Anyway I digress, let me wipe up my drool and get to the point. I recall wanting to see all available colors as well and someone posted a link to this site. I was just on it the other day, but it's not working now. Maybe it's my system... http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/gallery/drphoto?&page=1
Give it a whirl and enjoy the new amps!

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2003, 02:00 pm »
That link to the old HD gallery is working today. Those were all the colors that were available then. Hopefully we'll shoot the new faceplates soon. (chrome, etc)

Check out the link....there's also a bunch of detail shots of the amp innards that are not on the website. Remember if you click on the thumbnail, you get a larger view.

note: these photos are over a year old. They were taken before the speaker naming contest.

zarco

pics
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:08 am »
thanks guys and yes I have seen the pics on that link...but the pictures dont really give one a good idea of the true colors of the amps...hard to tell if the blue is light or dark from those pics...if anyone has a picture of the blue faceplate I would love to see it.On another note...is the Tempest offered in all these colors also?Is it just the faceplate of the Tempest that would be colored or the knobs also? Thanks

drphoto

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2003, 04:23 pm »
From what I remember, the blue is pretty dark, something on the order of Pantone 293C. In the photo, there is a spotlight on the center of the faceplate to give a variation in tone. Maybe not the best way to indicate the 'true' color, but I think it makes a more interesting image. Perhaps we should take flat  'copy' shots of all the faceplates just to show the color. I'll run it by Klaus.

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2003, 06:12 pm »
how about having samples done on small pieces of aluminum that can be mailed out to people interested in custom colors? Just like at a carpet store, or paint place - the only way to really know what it looks like is to look at the real medium. A computer screen will never show the real color of the medium.

Peter

zarco

Re: pics of different color amps
« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2003, 07:00 pm »
Quote from: zarco
I currently have on order a pair of Stratos monoblocks from Klauss.I will be comparing them to my George Kaye built hybrid monoblocks.From what I heard at the Home Entertainment show in Frisco I think I know what the outcome of that matchup will be! :) Anyway the BIG decision will be what color to order! he he  I think blue would be pretty cool,but leaning towards silver since it will match my other components and the blue loge probably looks cool in silver.Problem...the pics on Odyssey"s website dont reall ...