SOLD Scott Nixon "UFO" TubeDac with 4Xac power supply

texendo

SOLD

Asking $600 with free CONUS shipping and Paypal for audiocirclers.

For sale is the Scott Nixon USB TubeDac in its latest "UFO" iteration along with the upgraded latest 4Xac power supply. It comes with a $50 upgraded NOS Tesla 6922 (E88CC) that Scott recommends as one of his personal favorites per his owner's manual (supplied). I've had the two LEDs on the front of the unit disabled for two reasons: (1) I disable all extraneous LEDs on my gear due to the noise they produce. I noticed some of the biggest improvements with this unit after disabling them (Much greater ease to the flow of the music). (2) These particularly retina scorching LEDs were useless eyesores (There's no on/off switch, so one always stayed on. The other one came on when the music feed was detected). If you hold LEDs on your gear dearly, I can certainly have their connections reeestablished if you'd like.I bought this unit last December direct from Scott just as it hit the market. I have upgraded to the Altmann Attraction Dac at over twice the price of this unit. I've been A/Bing the two units for a couple months. It's only after I ran the Altmann through a tubed preamp (after letting the Altmann "resin cure") that it bested the Nixon by a slight margin IMO. Bottom line, this dac makes wonderfully detailed and very beautiful music. If you're already familiar with using the computer as a transport, then you understand the massive convenience and sound quality improvements over most all transports (especially when it's direct I2S like this unit). This unit works seamlessly with my MacBook, and I've read of no problems with PCs. No additional software is needed. This dac is USB only and will not take a coax signal. Original box and manual are included as are the original power cord, usb cable, and power supply cable. Paypal fees and shipping are included to the continental US.  I have pics up on my audiogon ad.  Feel free to ask any questions.  It won't hurt my feelings : )
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2007, 07:52 pm by texendo »