OB visatons

mantisory

• My Blog
OB visatons
« on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:44 pm »
Hi all,
I remember from the first meet that someone had brought a pair of the visaton b200 in an Open baffle.
I am interested in building some and am wondering if whoever it was that brought them would be willing to share their experiences with this speaker and (maybe) set me up for a listen :)
thanks,
Byron

mcgsxr

Re: OB visatons
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:51 pm »
I am not sure where in the GTA you are, but I have a set that I built 3 years ago, and still listen to!

I am out in Burlington, so if a trip to the West end works for you, drop me a PM, and we will work it out.

They can be very rewarding, once the details are worked out.

I believe it was MarkC who brought his set out once, and as I recall he has implemented tweeters and subs.  I have only done subs, as the addition of phase plugs has made me happy with their treble performance.

markC

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2008, 02:13 pm »
Yes, they were my speaks @ the early meet. Mcgsxr is quite correct. I have changed the design radically since then. Although they had baffle step compensation at that time, I now have added crossovers and tweeters. If you want to hear a more "pure" B200 sound, you'll want to take up mcgsxr on his offer.

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2008, 03:51 pm »
I think he should be forced to hear both!

He can listen to my "run what ya brung" approach (direct connection to my old Maggie tube amp, but with phase plugs) vs the optimized setup that you have Mark - your baffle step, 3 way, and connected to those tasty amps of yours!

markC

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2008, 04:17 pm »
Probably a good idea. Say, we're having an audio meet on May 3rd, (tentative date, will confirm tomorrow), any chance you can make it Mark? Long time no see after all!

mantisory

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2008, 01:00 pm »
Hey, thanks for the replys guys...I'd be interested in hearing both pairs, yeah!
If not soon, then maybe at the meet?
b