Anybody Running a Mk2 Amadeus yet?

akovo

Anybody Running a Mk2 Amadeus yet?
« on: 3 Aug 2013, 08:49 pm »
Hello there, brand new AC member here. Just wondering if there are any members who have purchased or heard the new mk2 WTA yet or maybe even had a chance to compare a mk1 and mk 2 side by side.

It's very nearly upgrade time, and this table is very high on the list based on all the reviews and praise for the original. I'm hoping the new version is as good as the first.

rob400

• Versalex and Audio Note for the rest
Re: Anybody Running a Mk2 Amadeus yet?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2013, 07:13 am »
Hi and welcome. The mk2 Amadeus has the Symmetrex arm upgrade over the GTa previous version. Having heard the new arm dem'd against the old on the Versalex I can report that IMO it's a worthy improvement with increased dynamics and clarity. So I'm pretty sure that the Amadeus will benefit in a similar way. Buy with confidence.

SteevA

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2013, 11:05 am »
I've seen one and it looks pretty good.  Not heard it though.

Currently waiting for one of those new arms to arrive for my Versalex.

Steve

rob400

• Versalex and Audio Note for the rest
« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2013, 02:02 pm »
Ditto Steve

akovo

« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2013, 05:20 pm »
Thanks, fellas. When the new arm does show up, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

SteevA

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2013, 03:32 am »
I have the new arm in operation and it is quite impressive, I think.  The reason I say I think is that I have also very recently upgraded my amp.  Allowing for that as much as I can, I am still getting the impression of more powerful and tighter bass from the Versalex.  All very relaxed and effortless (but that could be the amp again).

During the amp auditioning process I mostly used CD as the source as this was what it took to stretch the bass performance of my previous amp to the point where I noticed its occasional shortcomings.  Listening via the new arm over the last day I no longer get the feeling that the vinyl source is delivering up a less demanding bass component.  However, I have not got round to putting the old amp back in to prove this.

The support string seems to be pretty much the corect length to dispense with the spacer I had under the arm support pillar but I may yet experiment with adjusting the string length.  Since the wires now exit the arm to the side they no longer hit the cup edge when I raise the arm so I should not manage to wear the insulation off this one like I did the previous one.

So, all in all, a good move to the new arm.

Steve
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2013, 08:59 pm by SteevA »