GR Research Home Theater Setup

Vince in TX

Re: GR Research Home Theater Setup
« Reply #20 on: 8 Aug 2022, 07:40 pm »
Are the X-Statiks 3 ft out from wall? Just curious.
Bob

Are you talking about mine?   Yes.  Of course, the X-Voce is a different story.   I plan to do something different with that at some point (diffusion instead of absorption).

morganc

« Reply #21 on: 8 Aug 2022, 07:53 pm »
Curious, what are you using to angle your X Voce? I need to do the same....

Vince in TX

« Reply #22 on: 8 Aug 2022, 08:11 pm »
Curious, what are you using to angle your X Voce? I need to do the same....

Before I had the carpet pad and carpet laid down, I purchased some sound/vibration barrier for the floor that was made from recycled tires: 6.4mm Peacemaker Sound Barrier from AudiMute.  The room is above my office, so I was trying to dampen as much as possible while staying within budget, and it works pretty well.  What's under the X-Voce is a piece of scrap material from this rubber mat as a base, and then another piece rolled up to give it the angle.

OtisSpunkmire

« Reply #23 on: 5 Oct 2022, 09:23 pm »
I am building the same set up except only on Double Trouble. I am thinking of hanging the X-voce (upside down) from the ceiling above the TV. Any thoughts on this?

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 6 Oct 2022, 08:56 pm »
I am building the same set up except only on Double Trouble. I am thinking of hanging the X-voce (upside down) from the ceiling above the TV. Any thoughts on this?

Ideally, you want the speaker to not move.

For it to sink well with what you see on the screen it is best to mount it just below the bottom edge of the screen.