SPATIAL X2 modular - RMAF Unveiling

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: SPATIAL X2 modular - RMAF Unveiling
« Reply #160 on: 17 Feb 2018, 05:35 am »
Ha, the X2's just look like pieces of art.  Way nicer looking in your space than the old monkey coffins.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #161 on: 4 Mar 2018, 12:31 am »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:23 am by SlushPuppy »

Samac

« Reply #162 on: 4 Mar 2018, 12:53 am »
That is one sweet room and system, SlushPuppy. :thumb: I hope to add a few panels to the walls someday myself, just to quiet things down a little.

Yours look well thought out, tastefully done and not overboard. Well done. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

mwalker2

« Reply #163 on: 4 Mar 2018, 01:53 am »
Congrats D - It is back to the drawing board for me. I will consider incorporating some of your room treatment ideas, in the meantime I can only paraphrase ‘The Honeymooners: “One day, one day, POW”

Chris_B

« Reply #164 on: 4 Mar 2018, 04:34 am »
Very nice and congrats on the well thought out room.  If you get a chance, post the distances in the setup - distance from the front wall, apart and to the listening position.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #165 on: 4 Mar 2018, 06:16 am »

And yes Tyson, My system sounds so AWESOME!!!  :lol:

Told ya :thumb:

The X2's are really the only speakers I've heard that I'd want to own if I didn't have the Super 7's.  They both have that incredible open window on the recording type of presentation that is intoxicating.  And they sound BIG!!  So many speakers present medium sized soundstages, I love that these don't, they sound huge! 

Congrats on getting them dialed in, now comes the fun part - relistening to all your favorite recordings.  If you're anything like me, it'll do one other very interesting thing:  allow you to understand and appreciate artists that were closed off before.  I'm thinking of people like Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin.  I respected what they did, but their music didn't really resonate with me.  Part of that was the recordings are very challenging to reproduce well.  But with speakers like the X2s (and Super 7s), the recording itself stops being a barrier.  That's pretty damn cool.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #166 on: 4 Mar 2018, 05:24 pm »
Great looking room, congrats on getting it dialed in.  I'm also interested in distances, especially center to center between the speakers and from each speaker to the sweet spot.  I have X2s on the way.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #167 on: 4 Mar 2018, 11:34 pm »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:24 am by SlushPuppy »

SlushPuppy

« Reply #168 on: 4 Mar 2018, 11:45 pm »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:25 am by SlushPuppy »

SlushPuppy

« Reply #169 on: 5 Mar 2018, 12:14 am »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:25 am by SlushPuppy »

SlushPuppy

« Reply #170 on: 5 Mar 2018, 12:37 am »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:26 am by SlushPuppy »

SFDude

« Reply #171 on: 5 Mar 2018, 01:23 am »
Slushpuppy, what a great setup there! Looks extremely inviting, comfortable and with the system dialed in, some place that looks like you'd spend hours upon hours enjoying the fruits of your investment and labor to get right.

Enjoy!

-dave

DavidS

« Reply #172 on: 5 Mar 2018, 02:06 am »
yes add me to the envious list.  My treatments not nearly so tidy and only M3 Turbo S here but love them - X2's looking forward to hearing them one day.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #173 on: 6 Mar 2018, 12:02 pm »
Slushpuppy it's interesting how my M3 Triode Masters are set up very similarly.  Tweeter to tweeter = 92".  Tweeters to sitting position = 106".  Except I have 38" to side walls and 64" to wall behind the speakers.
« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2018, 12:32 am by Hear Clifford Brown »

limits

« Reply #174 on: 6 Mar 2018, 03:02 pm »
Hi Slushpuppy--thanks for posting your room setup. Love the X2's...I can't even imagine how great Pat Metheny's 'Secret Story' sounds on those (would also love to hear the 'Falcon and the Snowman' soundtrack on them, as well  :o)

Congrats on getting things sorted!! Maybe one day...you never know...but damn the M3TS ain't no slouch, either   :D

limits

Wind Chaser

« Reply #175 on: 6 Mar 2018, 07:02 pm »
They do sound huge!

You can make them sounder even huger by spreading them further apart and sitting closer to them. Don't know what you're using for amps, but some amps sound huger than other amps.  :wink:

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #176 on: 7 Aug 2018, 02:22 pm »
I've had my X2s for just under two months with 250 to 300 hours on them.  They sound incredibly good, and I haven't even tweaked the position much yet.  The detail is incredible, as well as vocals.  I listen mostly to acoustic music, mainly jazz, and percussion has such a life like quality.  Cymbals for instance, the way they sound and the decay is amazing.  And the dynamics of the entire drum kit plus everything else is the best I've ever heard.  The soundstage depth and imaging is excellent.  Bass is very defined and clean sounding.  Still hoping to get a little more bass impact.  Yesterday Clayton suggested moving the speakers back a foot in case they were in a null area of the room.  I did that and have listened for about an hour in the new position, evaluating but I think it did help, not a night and day difference.  The picture below is before that change.  Clayton also said they routinely set them up wider with more toe in and I'll try that next.  In summary, very happy with the X2s.

The room is 15' wide at the widest end where the speakers are, and 19' long.  The right speaker is 5.5' and the left 6.5' from the wall behind, due to the irregular shape.  Each are 3' from side walls.  7.5' between speakers, and 9.5 feet from chair.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #177 on: 8 Aug 2018, 01:27 am »
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2019, 01:26 am by SlushPuppy »

JackD

« Reply #178 on: 8 Aug 2018, 01:38 am »
Since you've got those deep recesses from the center of the wall I would move them back even another foot at least.  With the unequal distance between the rear wall and each speaker you may also perceive a small difference in the bass amount with the two speakers. 

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #179 on: 8 Aug 2018, 03:30 am »
I've played them louder than I care to be in the room for a lot of days while no one was home, but nothing like Micky Hart's Planet Drum.  I'll find that on Tidal and play it loud.

Good point about the recesses on the front wall, they bother me when I think about how they might affect the sound.  I've even considered corner placement with the backs facing the corner by the window.