Latest Veracity of the month pictures are available

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
They are available on the Salk Sound Website:

http://www.salksound.com/gallery-votm.html

Jim has shared some of these pictures already, but as usual the history on each pair makes for interesting reading.

George

brj

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2006, 08:52 pm »
Looks like Jim updated the site last night with the (first) January VOTM.  (Unless that pair is what George was referring to above and I just missed it.)  Walnut on Oak - very nice.  The full-length roundover on the baffle makes them look very clean indeed.

Jim, or anyone that knows... where are you shooting those pictures?  Since it is winter in Michigan, I'd be surprised if you actually have that wonderful fall color going at the moment! :)  Did you add a mini-photo studio with hanging backdrop to your new shop, or are you Photoshopping the background in?

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2006, 09:06 pm »
Quote from: brj
Looks like Jim updated the site last night with the (first) January VOTM.  (Unless that pair is what George was referring to above and I just missed it.)  Walnut on Oak - very nice.  The full-length roundover on the baffle makes them look very clean indeed.

Jim, or anyone that knows... where are you shooting those pictures?  Since it is winter in Michigan, I'd be surprised if you actually have that wonderful fall color going at the moment! :)  Did you add a mini-photo studio with hanging backdrop to your new shop, or are you Photoshopping the background in?

The pictures are taken in Jim's foyer..I did not see a photo studio there, but he does have a recording studio  :o

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2006, 09:10 pm »

Those are new pics.

Yet another great looking pair!

George

F-100

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2006, 09:19 pm »
Jim Salk's craftmanship continue to amaze me. I need to find an excuse to bring a pair of HT3 into my home. :)

So how long is the waiting period now for a pair of HT3?

KJ

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2006, 09:25 pm »
Quote from: zybar
The pictures are taken in Jim's foyer..I did not see a photo studio there, but he does have a recording studio

Wow!  He must be living in the wild kingdom!   :lol:

-KJ

Kishore

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan 2006, 09:33 pm »
This is torture :evil: ..

They are soo beautiful....my fav is this

Cheers,
Kishore

texas steve

Re: Latest Veracity of the month pictures are available
« Reply #7 on: 9 Jan 2006, 11:32 pm »

Jim has shared some of these pictures already, but as usual the history on each pair makes for interesting reading.

George

Do I only see three floor spikes at the bottom?   It seems this would make them easy to tip????   Anyone have any comment?

Marbles

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jan 2006, 11:58 pm »
Quote from: texas steve

George

Do I only see three floor spikes at the bottom?   It seems this would make them easy to tip????   Anyone have any comment?

There are only 3.  I have had no stability problems and I have a 70LB puppy...

brj

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2006, 12:01 am »

I haven't seen an HT3 in person yet, but at roughly 110 lbs each, it will take quite a bit to topple one.  However, I asked Jim about it in passing a few months ago, and he responded:

Quote from: jsalk
I mount three on each plinth - two in front and one in the rear. Three are more stable than four in that they do not have to be leveled.

texas steve

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2006, 12:56 am »

I haven't seen an HT3 in person yet, but at roughly 110 lbs each, it will take quite a bit to topple one.  However, I asked Jim about it in passing a few months ago, and he responded:

Quote from: jsalk
I mount three on each plinth - two in front and one in the rear. Three are more stable than four in that they do not have to be leveled.

Okedokey!!

ekovalsky

« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2006, 03:25 am »

This is my favorite pair of HT3 yet.  I have a new respect for oak!

The full length solid baffle and grill are stunning.