Surround Sound Gaming Headsets

nomeans

Surround Sound Gaming Headsets
« on: 13 Dec 2011, 08:11 pm »
Does anybody have any experience with any gaming headsets? I'm looking for some advice/recommendations. Thanks gentlemen.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: Surround Sound Gaming Headsets
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm »
Hi there,

Whats your budget? are you okay with headphones + clip on mics?

nomeans

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2011, 05:20 am »
Hi there,

Whats your budget? are you okay with headphones + clip on mics?

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the Turtle Beach DPX21. It sounds pretty good and seems to fit the bill. I was going to purchase the TB PX5, but was really hesitant with the reception issues due to my router. I've seen some negative reviews regarding its build quality, so I guess time will tell.

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2012, 03:33 pm »
I bought the turtle beach x12 that are usb powered and have the microphone boom.  It is sweet, but not surround, have really enjoyed it the past month or so.  $40.  Waiting for the surround dongle to go on sale, then it will be true surround.  I will purchase [url]http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/audio-processors/ear-force-dss2.aspx/[url] when it is about $50.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2012, 03:45 pm »
Woodsea I got my eye on that little box also, I don't know if we'll ever see it for $50 unless Newegg or somebody has it on sale maybe once....LOL....if you see it cheap somewhere give me a shout and I will do the same!!! :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2012, 05:08 pm »
Waiting for the surround dongle to go on sale, then it will be true surround.  I will purchase [url]http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/audio-processors/ear-force-dss2.aspx/[url] when it is about $50.

A nice contender for the Mixamp?

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2012, 01:31 am »
I have been looking some more.  There are two versions of this one.  One is the original @ 5.1/7.1 and the other is an adjustable 4 speaker not  5.1/7.1 with extra input.
I am about to pull the trigger on the old version 1 on ebay for about $40.  It is used, but that is all that is available.