catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #241 on: 23 Apr 2015, 02:30 am »
Thanks Scott!

vintage9594

« Reply #242 on: 25 Apr 2015, 10:54 pm »
Checking to see if anyone local has a pair of Mullard 12au7 tubes or Amperex 12au7 tubes for a preamp they would like to sell?  I figured I would try local first before going the Upscale Audio route.  In a perfect world these would have been used in a preamp by you so I would know that they have no issues.
Thanks
314-498-3115

catastrofe

« Reply #243 on: 26 Apr 2015, 08:54 pm »
For sale:  Stillpoints LPI record weight.  $300 OBO

vintage9594

Monitor Audio Studio 20 SEC
« Reply #244 on: 26 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm »
I have a pair of Monitor Audio Studio 20 SEC speakers for sale.  They are are finished in black ash and will come the spikes, boxes and packing.

text for photos
 314-498-3115

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #245 on: 1 May 2015, 03:26 pm »
WTB:  1.5m RCA ICs, possibly two pair. 

Whatcha got?  :thumb: 

EDIT: I'm in Dallas for the next 24 hours so if anyone is going to the Lone Star Audio Show I'm only a few miles from there.  I'll take charity, good great deals, etc., but no Monster Cable products, please.  They have a certain foul odor related to their business practices…..    :nono:

573-201-8080

kphelan

« Reply #246 on: 13 May 2015, 11:22 pm »
Hi Folks, I have a couple of amps for sale:

Fi 2a3 Stereo by Don Garber.  I purchased this new from Don in the 90s.  Rebuilt a couple of years ago, with the most notable change being a switch from the original MQ's to the Hashimoto transformers that Don is now using.  Tubes almost unused; I have since replaced this amp and it has been in storage.  I pulled it out a few weeks ago and re-installed it in my system.  Listening to it right now powering Zu Definition Mk. 4 speakers.  All good, makes me remember why I bought in the first place.  Available for audition in the Clayton/U. City area.  I am looking for $1800 for this piece.  Most recent pricing I could find is from Mar-2012 when Don was charging $3975... along with his usual waiting list.

Also have a Tim Rawson F5 clone.  If you know what this is, you know.  Tim made this for me while my 2A3 was in for rebuild.  I used it for a matter of months, and it's been in storage since.  Tim charged me $495; I'd like to get $425.

Please email with questions.  I live near downtown Clayton.  Thanks.

---Kent

kentj1948

Sony SS-M3s in Cherry Sold
« Reply #247 on: 20 May 2015, 03:04 pm »
I have a very nice pair of Sony SS-M3s that I just don't see having a place for.  They are the smallest of the Sony SS series speakers utilizing a 6.5 inch mid/woofer and dome tweeter.  They sound good and are in excellent shape.  I am asking $300.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 20 May 2015, 08:57 pm by kentj1948 »

kentj1948

Audio Research LS2 MK II Tube Preamp, Remote, Box, Manual SOLD
« Reply #248 on: 22 May 2015, 05:57 pm »
I am in the process of thinning out some of the equipment that I have accumulated.  I am selling my ARC LS2 MK II line stage preamp.  It is in excellent cosmetic condition and sounds great.  It uses a single 6922 or equivalent tube.  My preamp has RCA inputs and both RCA and balanced outputs.  The remote was a $500 option.  New, the preamp listed for $3150.   I am asking $850.

The only issue with this equipment is the remote which only does volume and mute.  It has been balky since I bought the preamp and stopped working totally just as I decided to sell it.  I have found a universal remote that will lower the volume and put the preamp into and out of mute.  It won't raise the volume.  The factory remote wouldn't either so there is probably some issue with the remote circuitry.  The remote issues don't affect the sound. 

The AC cord has been ugraded from the cheap, ten-foot long captive cord that came from ARC.  The preamp now has a Supra LoRad 1.5 cord with a Furutech AC plug.  Mike Missel did the work and it looks totally stock.  The Supra cord is high quality copper and very well shielded.  The new AC cord is 2 meters long.

I would like to sell this item locally so the buyer can hear it.  It is set up and can be auditioned.  Let me know if you have any interest. Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2015, 06:35 pm by kentj1948 »

vintage9594

No longer in market
« Reply #249 on: 4 Jun 2015, 08:47 pm »
Looking to see if anyone local has a Bryston Amplifier they would like to sell...I am looking for a 3b or 4b ST.
Thanks
314-498-3115
To reach me by text or call
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2015, 01:20 am by vintage9594 »

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
cables etc
« Reply #250 on: 23 Jun 2015, 08:30 pm »
Hey all - culling the herd a bit - somewhat of a moving sale.  Anyone need some cables/interconnects?  Cheap Phono Pre?

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper ic's 1 meter - $100

Analysis Plus Oval 12 speaker cable - banana termimated - 10 ft - $100

Shunyata Diamondback power cord 5 ft Galen Carol is selling these new for $138 - that's half price.  I'll sell this one for $80.

Aural Thrills 1 meter ic's $25

Rapport Audio Cable 1 meter ic's (2 pair) $20/pair

Clarity Labs "Emberglow" 1 meter ic's (1 pair) $20/pair

Bellari VP129 tube phono pre - w original tube and I'm throwing in a Sovtek 12AX7 LPS along with it    $160

Mogami Gold 50 ft XLR cables w/Neutrik connectors - 2 pair -$30 each

I've used all these over the years with much success.  Not a slouch in the bunch and these prices are close to free.  Any takers?  Questions?

If you need different / better pix, lemme know.

Thanks guys -

Kirch
« Last Edit: 3 Jul 2015, 11:10 pm by kirch »

Magnus

« Reply #251 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:45 pm »
Hello,
     I have a Revolver turntable with a Rega Elys cart I'd like to sell for $250 OBO. It comes with SME cables that connect from the tonearm to the preamp. This was a great table for me, but I've got something different now; and selling this will defray the costs of my new purchase. I also am parting with a Ringmat. I'm seeking $50 OBO. Or maybe we can bundle things for a better deal! Many thanks!

kentj1948

Heathkit Mono Preamp, Tube amp for parts
« Reply #252 on: 2 Jul 2015, 06:09 pm »
I have a Heathkit Mono preamp for sale.  Fair cosmetically but very clean inside.  No tubes included but I can provide some for a few bucks more than my asking price of $10.

I bought this tube amp for the transformers.  The square one is a Thordarson marked RET 0161914.  The large black one is an RCA marked 940775.  There is a third transformer and some tubes.  The output tubes are JAN 6L6s, the rectifier is a 5U4.  Tube sockets look to be porcelain.

Contact me with any interest.  Kent 636-399-8053

Magnus

« Reply #253 on: 9 Jul 2015, 01:13 am »
Hello,
    I have some Reel to Reel classical recordings I picked up in the hope of flipping them on ebay. However, I just don't have the motivation. I'm asking $40 for the lot, or best offer. If you have some classical cds or lps that you'd like to trade for them, maybe we could work out a deal that way, instead. Because I have no way to check them, they are being sold as is. Thanks!

kentj1948

Octave HP 300SE Tube Preamplifier with MC Phono stage, $2850
« Reply #254 on: 9 Jul 2015, 08:36 pm »
For a full description of the Octave preamp, go to Audiocircle at this link:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135849.0

I also have some fuses for sale.  I have a pair of 4 Amp, fast-blo large fuses that were in my Magneplanar 1.6s.  They are the entry level HiFi Tuning fuse.  Take both for $20.

I have a new, never used large HFT Supreme 800mA fuse.  I bought it for an ARC preamp but never put it in.  It cost $90, I would take $65.

Does anyone have an audiophile large 5 Amp slo-blo fuse around?

Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

catastrofe

« Reply #255 on: 20 Jul 2015, 07:18 pm »
I have a Stillpoints Ultra LPI for sale:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136095.new#new

Local sale:  $250 cash.

vintage9594

Rega Turntable Wall Bracket $90
« Reply #256 on: 9 Aug 2015, 12:33 am »
I have a Rega Turnatable Wall Bracket for sale....price is $90 and just the bracket is available you will need to supply the screws to mount it.
It is finished in black and is in nice shape.
I am located in Dardenne Prairie.
Thanks
Don
314-498-3115 text for questions

vintage9594

Pro-ject Xpression 2 Turntable for sale or trade local prefered
« Reply #257 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:02 pm »
I have a Pro-ject  Xpression 2 turntable for sale or trade.  It is the clear acrylic plinth version with Carbon fiber tone arm and Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 cartridge mounted to it.  I will include a Imotiva phono stage mm/mc and a Zu Audio phono cable as well.

Really looking to trade for a decent pair of speakers but open to cash offers so if anyone wants to get into vinyl send me a text or call.

I believe the retail on the Xpression 2 with the Blue Point Cartidge was around $1400 and the phono stage and Zu Cable was around $350ish combined.

Thanks for the look.
Don
314-498-3115

bside123

*SOLD* Re: GAS Flea Market thread *SOLD*
« Reply #258 on: 17 Aug 2015, 04:05 pm »
Legendary, Vintage Speakers from the "Golden Era" of Audio

Up for sale are my Snell Type A-ll Speakers. These might be the nicest pair of Snell Type A's that you'll ever see, and this sale comes with a lot of hesitation and a bit of separation anxiety.
There is nothing wrong with these speakers. They are both cosmetically and functionally excellent. I also have all of the original paperwork including the receipts for the upgraded, non-deterioable
woofers that were installed by Snell in 1994.

These speakers are legendary among audiophiles as well as is the reputation of Peter Snell, who literally hand tuned each pair of the Type A speakers. It known that he would sit with the boards
and crossovers in his lap until he got the correct sound balance and sequence of wires and caps. Therefore, each speaker set is custom. This particular pair started out as Type l and then was upgraded by Snell to Type ll,
or "Improved."

The speakers are gorgeous with their furniture grade cabinetry... something you will rarely see today, unless you are willing to pay mega-bucks. The wood cabinets are in extraordinary shape. There are a few
tiny pulls in the grill cloth here & there. As I said, I have all of the original paperwork as well as the Snell jumpers.

These speakers were made to be pushed toward the wall. They have a two-part cabinet with the tweeter and mid-range in the top section and the firing woofers in the bottom. They were designed to be placed closer
to the wall to get reflections, and the bass gets big.

Sound? Open, natural, full and integrated. These venerable speakers herald from the 1980s hey day in audio, and they have that golden sound. The sound is completely different than today's hyper analytical speakers,
and the "sweet spot" will appear as an entire side of the room. Very stable and homogenous, the sound quality remains solid from every position of the room. In my room and system, the speakers were on the "warm" side.
These Type A speakers are rated at 4 ohms, and they do like high-current power which makes them responsive, and they sound wonderful. Be prepared to listen to an entire soundstage.

Reason for sale? Believe me, I am not selling these speakers, because I don't like them. Because of their historic value, it makes selling them even harder. My problem has been that I just couldn't get them to work
right in my space. If you view my system, you will see that my listening room is in a timber frame, post and beam constructed house. The vertical timbers are just in exactly the wrong place for listening, and I couldn't position the speakers properly. I thought of wrecking the house, but it's really hard to move a 26 foot vertical timbers  :duh:

It will be a special person who be able to really appreciate and utilize these very special speakers. They are gems! They are truly beautiful!

Because of their size, weight and "delicacy," I would prefer not to ship these speakers. I am willing to discuss pickup, delivery and/or meeting someone at a reasonable distance from Southern Illinois 62901: St. Louis, Memphis/Nashville, Louisville, Chicago, etc. If you live in another place and are truly interested, we could discuss possible arrangements later. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

PRICE: $750

Specs:
Frequency up to 25 degrees off axis: 36 Hz to 18 kHz
Impedance: 4 ohms
Power Requirements Minimum: 80 Watts RMS
Driver: 10" inch woofer, 4" midrange, 1" tweeter
Dimensions: 47" x 24" x 13" without stands or spikes
Weight: 100lbs each x 2 = 200lbs

Snell Type A-ll - Front

Snell Type A-ll - Side

Snell Type A-ll - Back
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2015, 12:08 am by bside123 »

ptman

« Reply #259 on: 17 Aug 2015, 08:46 pm »
Cables for sale. I'm the original owner of all...used in smoke free, pet free audio environment.

Interconnects
Transparent MusicLink Plus Balanced 1 meter. $400/pair. New price $800/pair. 3 pair available.

Transparent MusicLink Plus RCA 1 meter. $200. Paid $325.

Transparent MusicLink RCA 1 meter. $85. Paid $200.

BMC Monos XLR 1.5 meter. $875. Paid $1870.

Tributaries Silver 2 meter. $100/pair. I've lost the receipt and don't know what I paid, but they were at upper end of product line. Some separation of jacket from cable at terminals. 2 pair available.

Speaker
SoundString Platinum Gen II 6 ft with bi-connect. $400. Paid $800.

Power Cords
SoundString Platinum 10 foot with 20 amp IEC. $200. Paid $415. Also have 15 amp IEC Furutech terminal available.

SoundString Platinum 4 foot with 15 amp IEC. $135. Paid $275. 4 available.

PS Audio Plus SC 1.5m. $50. Paid $271. There is a chip out of the IEC plug.

Thanks for looking.