new 'bookshelf' speaker needs a name?

jimdgoulding

Re: new 'bookshelf' speaker needs a name?
« Reply #40 on: 21 Jun 2012, 08:18 pm »
Penelope, wife of mighty Ulysses. Give the big fella some support.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin
Robin-  Welcome back.  Just in time to keep me from gettin in trouble.  Here-here.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #41 on: 21 Jun 2012, 08:40 pm »
Robin-  Welcome back.  Just in time to keep me from gettin in trouble.  Here-here.
Jim, look a bit closer and you'll see that that's an old post.  Although Robin is often found lurking about at AC, sad to say, he is classified "restricted" and hasn't posted in over a year. 
So regarding keeping out of trouble, you'll just have to watch you p's and q's a bit longer.
Scott

jimdgoulding

« Reply #42 on: 22 Jun 2012, 06:02 am »
Thanks, Scott, I didn't see the date.  Well, the sentiment remains.  I'd like to see the cat back in action.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #43 on: 24 Jun 2012, 05:02 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.  Have these bookshelf models made it to the website?  I took a look and only see a larger pair...unless im just getting old and had too much wine before i checked.  Put in another of the small room maybe harbeth camp....

I'm embarrassed to say that other projects seem to keep pushing this new model to the back burner....
I'm very focused right now on the new Argos which WILL debut @ RMAF, also the new cases for the Purity preamps (photos soon), new active crossover for the BOW etc... but the big drain lately has been expanding the shop size. 
I had the opportunity to lease the adjoining unit which almost double my space! ultimately this will make production and testing much more streamlined and efficient but for now it means seven days a week of work.

so it will be the winter at the earliest before I can revisit the Pan model, and I may still opt for en even smaller true bookshelf design instead. 

thanks everyone for your patience,
lou

R_burke

« Reply #44 on: 24 Jun 2012, 06:39 pm »
congtatulations sounds like the business is doing ok.  I personally would rather wait for you to do your magic than push for an early release of the Pan

nature boy

« Reply #45 on: 24 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm »
Lou,

Any chance you will have speakers at the Capital Audiofest next month?  I am not sure I can make RMAF this year.

NB

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #46 on: 25 Jun 2012, 03:12 pm »
Lou,

Any chance you will have speakers at the Capital Audiofest next month?  I am not sure I can make RMAF this year.

NB

yes!  I have been remiss on posting about that show.  I will have a pair of Athena's (that demo pair will be for sale).  showing with BobCarver tube amps, Purity pre, AMR & Bolder modded Touch source and WYWires.
I'm really looking forward to this show!!!

thanks,
lou

nature boy

« Reply #47 on: 25 Jun 2012, 07:00 pm »
Lou,

Great, I look forward to seeing you and listening to the Athena's - I've heard some wonderful comments from owners.  I am considering these speakers in combination with a Deware Tori MKIII amplifier and CSP-2 preamplifer, if I change up my current SET based system (Decware SE84CS EX amplifier & Eastern Electric MiniMax linestage preamp).

Cheers and see you in the DC hot sweltering summer heat.

NB 

ncblue

« Reply #48 on: 25 Jun 2012, 07:50 pm »
NB,
Consider the Modwright LS-100/ Decware Torii combo as well. I ran this last year and it's astounding. I have sold the Decware since I'm moving about for the next year or so, but I plan on ordering the V-Cap version Of the Torii ASAP. LS-100 is great, especially if you want a headphone amp or phono board (I haven't heard Modwrights DAC board yet). Just my experience.
Nat

nature boy

« Reply #49 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm »
I'll keep this combo in mind.  Looking forward to hearing Lou set up at the Capital Audio Fest.  Haven't heard the new Bib Carver amps yet.

NB

Taterworks

« Reply #50 on: 21 Jul 2012, 05:40 am »
I just stumbled in here, but as a casual observer I like the first three ideas that were mentioned.

I'm not really a fan of Icarus, Siren, or Muse. Things didn't turn out well for Icarus, a "Siren" makes you think of things you'd really rather not listen to for very long, and "Muse" is too generic and overdone.

batch68

« Reply #51 on: 4 Aug 2012, 12:07 am »
How about the most famous mythical Greek musician -- Orpheus?

Batch

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #52 on: 7 Aug 2012, 07:37 pm »
How about the most famous mythical Greek musician -- Orpheus?

Batch

I like Orpheus!  the Pan project is on long term hold but I have a new one that will debut @ RMAF and I think Orpheus is a good name for it.

thanks,
lou

R_burke

« Reply #53 on: 7 Aug 2012, 11:07 pm »
I like Orpheus!  the Pan project is on long term hold but I have a new one that will debut @ RMAF and I think Orpheus is a good name for it.

thanks,
lou

That sucks, but such is life

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #54 on: 8 Aug 2012, 12:03 am »
That sucks, but such is life

OK, I'm flattered. I will try to get this buttoned up this winter.

thanks,
lou

batch68

« Reply #55 on: 8 Aug 2012, 02:27 am »

thanks,
lou

Wow!  This will probably be my claim to fame :)
Batch

R_burke

« Reply #56 on: 8 Aug 2012, 05:23 pm »
OK, I'm flattered. I will try to get this buttoned up this winter.

thanks,
lou
Besides myself it seems that the market for good high end smaller monitors is there

kbuzz3

« Reply #57 on: 8 Aug 2012, 06:08 pm »
Agreed.  We need something to compare to the harbeth mini monitors, particularly for those who have enjoyed and or want to step up from ls35a's 

steve76

« Reply #58 on: 8 Feb 2013, 04:54 am »
Greetings to everyone. I've been a proud owner of the Ulysses for a while now, and I have nothing but good things to say about Lou and his speakers. I tend to be more a reader than a poster, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Recently, I had a friend over to listen to my system, and he fell in love with the Daedalus sound (let's face it, it's tough not to). He asked me if Daedalus made any bookshelf speakers that he could use in a secondary system in a small room. I remembered reading about Pan, so I figured I'd post a quick query to see if this project was finally off the ground, or if it's still in the design phase. I'm sure Lou's been busy with the new Orpheus (which I'd love to hear one day), but I imagined it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #59 on: 10 Feb 2013, 09:37 pm »
Recently I decided to go ahead with this project and am actually pretty excited about it. we have finished the design and will be building some in the next batch!

the cabinets will be about 25" tall X 11" wide , a three way design (same drivers as my other home audio speakers). we have worked on the integration so that even though it is a 3-way it will have point source imaging like a small 2-way system.  the sensitivity will be about 95db.    at this time I am looking at a price of $4400 a pair including grills. the cabinet construction and finish including solid walnut baffles will be the same as my other home speakers.  lastly this model will be called Pan, (continuing with the Greek mythology)

I do not plan on doing stands as there are many after market ones and people are likely to want something unique to there own needs.

should have photos in about two months.