Many AVA products have been recently significantly upgraded.

avahifi

Although the model names have not changed, many new AVA products have received significant upgrades in recent months.

Both the Fet Valve CF and Transcendence 10 vacuum tube preampifiers have received new mother boards with improved split ground plane mother boards and detailed circuit improvements.  They now sound even better and are quieter than ever.

The Fet Valve amplifiers have been redesigned from the ground up with new audio boards, new back plane decoupling boards, new raw power supply boards, new small signal power supply boards, improved regulated power supply references, and complete new wiring layouts.  They are quiet, amazingly musical, and robust and fault tolerant.  300+ watts per channel for the 600R and 225 watts per channel for the 400R.

None of our products are old or have dated designs, we always keep with the leading edge of audio technology.  Only the prices have stayed constant, not our engineering work.

Frank Van Alstine

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Hi Frank,

I have never owned your products but give you high marks for making a go of it as a small business owner for all these years. As a business owner myself of 33 years I know it takes a lot of hard work, dedication to your customer base and a need to continually push forward in order to make it work. I know you have been doing this for a very long time so my respect for you is very high. 

With that said, it seems to me if you are making improvements to your products and making them better, you should do what's been done for years and add MK1, MK11 or whatever designation you choose so that people know the difference. If someone has heard an amp from you with a certain model number they form an impression and that is that. If you have improved that amp and not changed the designation, no one will even think about listening to the new version because they don't know it exists.

I have read from many people who own or have owned your products who really like them. It seems to me when you make improvements to these product and their sound they need the  designation they deserve.

Just my humble .02c which is probably what it's worth.

Greg

tomatchison

Five minutes ago I was so happy with the Transcendence 10 I bought last spring and the FV 400 R I bought used last month.  Now I'm wondering.  How much better does it get?

-Tom

coldfogey

Frank,

Can I assume that the new upgrades are for new equipment only?   No more upgrades or trade ins for older equipment?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Gregfisk: +1 

tomatchison:  Constant upgrades has kept me from buying from other manufacturers.  Not knowing the differences the upgrades make just increases my "upgraditius". 

youn0118

I've considered purchasing a used 400/600R.  Are the older models really different from the newly built R's?

Thanks