Cherry 5 channel

Ragnar71

Cherry 5 channel
« on: 28 Feb 2020, 08:36 am »
Can you use a Cherry 4 channel amp and Bi amp speakers? Would it work as well as two STM’s or do you lose something?

witchdoctor

Re: Cherry 5 channel
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2020, 11:53 pm »
I have bi-amped speakers with 4 channels of a 5 channel amp and it sounded great. I doubt you would lose anything by using a pair of 2 channel amps other than the extra money you would need to spend on two stereo amps vs one 5 channel. My advice would be get the Cherry 5.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Cherry 5 channel
« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2020, 02:45 pm »
Can you use a Cherry 4 channel amp and Bi amp speakers? Would it work as well as two STM’s or do you lose something?
The x-CHerry is relatively new, but we already know of at least two systems out there using a 4-CHerry or 5-CHerry to bi-amp.  One has bi-amped left/right on a 4-CHerry and center plus surrounds on a 5-CHerry.  The other drives L/C/R from a single 5-CHerry.

We have a 4-CHerry demo available that was used in a similar way for a few days, driving JTRs and Mags simultaneously (XLR Y-cables and RCA adapters included) as a power test. Very strange sound!  We reversed the polarity on the Mags at one point for fun.  Interesting effect!  Email Support@DigitalAmp.com for more information.