Re: Ref 3a Royal Virtuoso...

flm

Re: Ref 3a Royal Virtuoso...
« on: 13 Jan 2005, 01:30 am »
Hi,

I am considering the current Royal Virtousos and was wondering if anyone knows if the crossover capacitor is different from the de Cappo i? Also, is the tweeter for the Virtuoso different from deCappo i or the same model but matched to better tolerances? Lastly, does the Virtuosos use Cardas internal wiring instead of vandenhaul?

Thanks!

melville

E-mail Reference 3a
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2005, 05:45 pm »
I own the Royal Virtuoso speakers, and love them; however, they really do need to be used with a good tube amp.  Mine work very well with my Art Audio Carissa.  You should really e-mail the 3a website to get the information you ask for.

flm

Re: E-mail Reference 3a
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2005, 06:34 pm »
Quote from: melville
I own the Royal Virtuoso speakers, and love them; however, they really do need to be used with a good tube amp.  Mine work very well with my Art Audio Carissa.  You should really e-mail the 3a website to get the information you ask for.

Hi Melville,

Thanks I will contact ref 3a!

I was wondering though, does your tweeter have 4 inner screw holes with no scews in them as pictured on the website (same with de Cappo i). I see that only the 4 outer set being fastened by screws. But if you look at the L'integral Nouveau there are 8 screws fastenng all the holes of the tweeter plate.

Thanks!

melville

Screws
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2005, 11:55 pm »
My tweeter surround has four outer screws, and four slightly smaller inner screws (all heads showing).

Brian

flm

Re: Screws
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2005, 01:34 am »
My tweeter surround has four outer screws, and four slightly smaller inner screws (all heads showing).

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info and if I can bother you with one more question. What type of screws are used to fasten the tweeter & woofer? i.e. phillips, flat head or hex nuts.

Regards, Frank

melville

Screws
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2005, 06:58 pm »
I am embarrassed to say that, even at my relatively advanced age, I have not sorted out Phillips from Robertson.  So, I will describe them as square- pattern for inner, and cross-pattern for outer, screws.  All screws are flush with the surrounds.  The mid/woofer surrounds are attached with 8 round-headed 'cross-pattern' screws.

flm

Re: Screws
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2005, 07:10 pm »
I am embarrassed to say that, even at my relatively advanced age, I have not sorted out Phillips from Robertson.  So, I will describe them as square- pattern for inner, and cross-pattern for outer, screws.  All screws are flush with the surrounds.  The mid/woofer surrounds are attached with 8 round-headed 'cross-pattern' screws.

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards, Frank