Studio sessions CD's/archives to unload. (I need the room)

infiniti driver

I have hundreds if not thousands of CDR's of raw studio work that someone would love to listen to. What sets these apart is:

A. You never heard of the artists and may never will hear of them if you don't hear what is on these CD's

B. They are raw, done with professional equipment. Many are simply "I had the CDR rolling during sessions just in case" type CD's.

C. Many genres from jazz to bop, from symphonic to rock to blues. Even some rap. Specify if you want rap, otherwise I will leave them out.

D. They are unlabled, simply have the date of session on them and session number. (I know which ones are the rap stuff though)

E. They are in playable condition with sleeve.

F. Many are "edit" CDR's where I would do an edit, back it up on CDR (this was before hard drive editing was the way to go) and save it to revisit later or take snippits out of them for future edits. (still whole tunes intact)

G. My pick. You will get 5 CD's for 10 bucks. 2 bucks each in lots of 5 or for 15 bucks, a lot of 10. Most are at least 45 mins or longer. Most are actual master recordings. I need to recover some funds from tax day. I will be generous with them...throw in a few more for good measure..but this is the baseline amount I would like to get.

Due to the fact that I have in the thousands of CD's that I will never revisit, I am opening my archives for sale. Nothing at all wrong with them...simply this is studio back-ups and archival discs. The material is copywritten so it is not for duplication or resale. I feel it is a shame to have all these discs stored to never be heard or played again. Some (or even most) are some real audiophile stuff. I am certain their are some that would make good frisbees too.

Ever thought of building a mobile out of CD's???? Party room? Reflective tweeter guides???

I will do a grab bag of 100 discs on a spindle for 50 dollars. Some of the blanks cost me 20 bucks each back in the day.I just do not have time to sift through them all, be picky of what is tossed in or listen to them again. It simply represents tons of music you may, or may not like and I think it is a shame to keep them bottled up. I gurantee I will not go through and document these discs. I could care less what is on them. You may get lucky and get something that you may have heard..in studio master form. I told myself, I would archive for 5 years only, this is the 1991-1999 stuff and I want someone to enjoy it. There may be on the 50 dollar spindle, some that are only a few tracks and kind of short. I make no gurnantee other than the fact that they will read and play.

Unique oppurtunity to hear some new stuff...well stuff you would never ever hear if it were not for the archiving. Studio chattering can be heard on a few, I am sure.

Include 2 dollars shipping for the 5, 3 dollars for the 10 and 5 dollars for the 100 lot. 48 states US only please.

Otherwise, they are simply going to sit on the shelves taking up space. You may even find some blanks that have never had anything put on them. I doubt their will be any like this...I know there will not be on the small quantities..I will make sure they at least have some music on them (usually 40 to 60 mins or so)

I also have hundreds of DAT tapes I no longer care about. These are negotiable.

PM me if you are interested at all.

I repeat, I am not going to dig through them for certain genres. First come, first served.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2004, 07:42 am »
Hey, I'm in the mood for an adventure!  :D   I dig "truffle-pigging" thru stuff lookin' for gold.  I'll PM you once I sober up a bit!  :wink:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2004, 07:47 am »
Geez, I know you only have *one rule*, and that's that you don't have time to sort by genre.  But I really massively dug that track you linked for download here:  I'm a hardcore metalhead and fan of prog rock- if I could get something along those lines, I'd pony up some extra.

As Beavis & Butthead would say, "Maybe this will change your mind" (as they push a load of photocopied coins at you!  :lol: ).

Just a thought.

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2004, 12:45 pm »
Hey Rob, want to buy two sets? Then you can cherry pick mine and send me the rest. (The *other* rule of infiniti is 48 states shipping only :bawl: )

infiniti driver

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2004, 02:49 pm »
I can bend..."some" on the rules..but what I am trying to avoid is going through all these discs as it would take me so much time I really can't afford to be involved with. As for the 48 states thing, as long as I don't have to get stuck with shipping and it ended up me having to pay to send them..actual shipping is fine with me. I figure that their are about 75 spindles of 100. In 1997, that was the year I did a ton of rock stuff and I can do some minor "filtering" but I am certain you know how long it would take to go through 7500 CD's and I just don't have that much time. The grab bags will be pretty good though..lot of adventurous stuff. on the small lots, I can take the time to at least list genre but one single disc may have snips from 5 different productions as well. Archives are for the purpose of a redux if needed and I "retire" them at the end of 5 years...the ones I can.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2004, 06:11 pm »
I'm sure we could work something out, JohnR.  Shipping to Oz wasn't really that bad.

It's not just hard rock that I like, but I'd be really interested in anything instrumental.

infiniti driver

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2004, 07:19 pm »
It's not just hard rock that I like, but I'd be really interested in anything instrumental.

That is the nice thing about session CD's. You get to hear stages of development, as when instruments are added, things like that. Different mixing quality.

Things to realize about mixing. Mixdowns do not sound like final masters. Mixdowns are unbalanced frequency wise so that you have a "direction" to take the master. On the CD in SP tech forum I am offering, I have one tune 'deturbination' that is of such quality. Rarely ever heard by the audiophile, it is a "mix" where too many things are happening at the same time to catch them all. Then mastering straitens this out properly.

Wild business I am in indeed.